He and Your Child Make Up

Pony:

Pony stared at the door with a sense of dread floating about him. He'd never been the best with words and he wasn't sure how he should apologize to Rose. But he knew he couldn't stand there forever. Finally he brought himself to knock. It was a second before Rose opened the door. She glared at him before storming back into her room.

"Are you here to yell at me some more?" she hissed. Pony took a deep breath.

"I was worried about you. I didn't know where you were," Pony said. "But I shouldn't have yelled at you like that. I'm sorry about that. I was scared."

"I'm not a little girl anymore, Dad," Rose said as she plopped down onto her bed. Pony sat next to her and put his arm around her.

"I know, Princess. I just want you to be safe. I care about you too much to have something bad happen to you."

"I love you, too, Dad," Rose said with a smile. "So am I still grounded?"

Pony chuckled before replying, "Yes, but only for a week, not a month."

Dallas:

Dally had left shortly after the fight. He'd decided to go blow some steam off with Two. You were in the kitchen cooking dinner when you heard James come in and sit at the table. You glanced over your shoulder and saw him staring angrily at the table. He seemed to sense your eyes on him so he met your eyes. You saw they weren't entirely angry, there was definitely some sorrow mixed in.

"He hates me now, right?" James said. You turned off the stove and when to go sit across the table from him.

"No. Your father could never hate you," you replied.

"I find that hard to believe."

"Growing up your father and his father fought a lot. But mostly about things like his father stealing from him or there not being enough booze to go around. But they never fought about Dally getting arrested. His dad didn't care enough about him to be angry about that. When I told you father that I was pregnant, the first thing he said was that he was scared. He was scared that he would end up like his father," you explained. "He feels like his whole childhood was one big screw up and that he would never be good enough for me or for you. His dad never punished him for stuff like this and so when he yelled at you he was trying to make sure that history didn't repeat itself. He acted like that not because he hated you but because he loves you so much. He wants to protect you."

"I didn't know that," James said sounding shocked. "I have to apologize to him. He has to know that I don't hate him anymore than he hates me."

"I know that, son," Dallas said. He'd come in just in time to hear the whole conversation. "I'm sorry for yelling at you."

You smiled as you watched James get up and hug his dad. You got up to go back to dinner but you felt a hand on your wrist and soon you were pulled into a family hug.

Darry:

Darry entered Jane's room the way a soldier entered a battle field, very carefully. Jane was pouting on her bed. When she saw her dad enter the room she refused to look at him. Darry sat on the bed next to her. There was a thick silence.

"Is Rose really going to this show?" Darry finally asked. Jane eyed him suspiciously before nodding.

"Literally everyone I know is going," she replied, careful not to get her hopes up.

"And what did you get on your last math test?" Darry asked.

"A 96. Where are you going with this, Dad?"