What He Calls You

Ponyboy: Love

Pony always called you Love. He liked that it sounded British and it expressed how he felt all the time. He loved you. You were his soulmate. In every way. He couldn't imagine a day without you and hoped that he would never ever see one. So he called you love because it was his way of saying I love you every time he talked to you.

Dallas: Babe

Dallas was never one for pet names. He thought they were gross and only disgustingly sappy couples used them. But the longer he was with you the more he found himself almost calling you various pet names. Once he had called you sweetie at which point you slapped him and told you that you were not sweet and you would hurt him greatly if he ever called you that again. He tried angel too and that had the same result. Finally he called you Babe and you didn't seem to have a problem with it. It was sweet but tuff at the same time. You were fine with it and while you'd never admit it to anyone you really liked it when he called you babe and gave you that mischievous grin.

Darry: Sweet-heart

You two were high school sweet hearts and so it only made sense to him for him to call you sweet-heart.  You two were the fairy tale couple. The football star and the cheerleader. It was like something from a movie. Everyone liked to say that you guys would never make it but you proved them wrong with each year that you stayed together. Even when you're sixtieth wedding anniversary rolled around Darry still called you sweet-heart because you would always be his first love, his last love, his high school sweet-heart.

Soda: Dream-girl

He didn't call you pet names often but when he did he usually called you Dream-girl. You were the girl of his dreams after all. He always said that weeks before he met you he had a dream about his wedding and the girl that walked down the aisle to meet him was you. You literally came from his dreams he said and when he was with you it was like he was in the middle of a dream. He loved you with all his heart and knew he would do anything you asked without hesitation. He refused to let this dream turn into a nightmare.

Steve: Hot Mama

No one could ever figure out where Steve's name for you came from. Honestly not even Steve really knew where the nickname came from. He just called you that one day in the garage and well you found it hot. You made sure to let him know just how much you liked that name. It was the best way to figure out if Steve was horny. He called you Hot Mama and pretty soon you two would be sneaking off for some alone time. When you first found out you were pregnant the name turned into a bit of a joke. But after the pregnancy the name went back to it's special meaning.

Johnny: Angel

He always called you Angel because he was certain that you were sent down from heaven to rescue him. You were his savior. Anytime that Johnny felt like the world was coming down around him you were there like a shining beam of light showing him that things would get better. Whenever Johnny got angry and wanted nothing more than to put his fist through a wall you were right beside him calming him down and holding him until everything didn't seem so bad. You sometimes wished that he wouldn't call you that because you were just trying to support him. You were doing whatever you could to help him. In your wedding vows you told him that you weren't an angel but with him you felt like you were.

Two-Bit: Honey

He called you honey because you were sweet as honey. At least that's what he told everyone who asked. Only the two of you knew the real reason he called you honey. It was what his dad had called his mom. Two didn't like to talk about it much but he knew that his dad had made his mom so unbelievably happy and he hoped that he, like his dad, could do the same for you. In public he used the name as a joke but in private it meant so much more to him. He was always the jokester, the trickster. But sometimes he was more sensitive and loving. You could never explain how honored you felt when you got to see that side of him. You knew how much Two loved his mother and for him to treat you the way his father treated his mother meant the world to you. You both loved each other to the moon and back.

A/N: I'm so sorry that it's been so long and this isn't the greatest preference ever. I've had some major writer's block and just can't seem to find the writing groove. I'm working on a kind of long one right now but my inspiration is low. I'll try to get something out soon. Please, please let me know what you guys think.