King of Wishful Thinking

Pony: And I won't miss the way that you kiss me/We were never carved in stone

You pressed your lips to Ponyboy's lips. He smiled under you kiss and pulled you closer to him. He loved how perfectly you fit into him. It was like you were carved especially for him. He'd never get over the way you kissed him. Or the way you laughed and held his hand. It was all perfect to him. When you separated the kiss you were smiling. You reached up and moved a piece of hair out of his face. He could tell you wanted to tell him he needed a hair cut but were keeping your mouth shut because you knew he didn't want to hear it. You shook your head and pecked his lips one more time. 

"Pony," you said. "It's time to wake up Pony." 

"What?" Pony asked. 

"C'mon, Pony, it's time to get your ass out of bed," you said as you reared your hand back to slap him. The slap woke Pony up with a violent start. He looked around the room to see that Soda was the only one in the room. You weren't to be seen anywhere. And probably never would be again. Soda shook his head as if he knew what Pony had been thinking about. 

"It's time to get up and go to school, Pony," Soda said before leaving. Pony shook his head and stumbled out of bed. He walked into the bathroom to stare at himself and mutter the same words he'd been saying for weeks now. 

"I don't miss the way you kissed me, (Y/N). We were never carved in stone," he lied to himself before turning the shower on. 

Dallas: I don't need to fall at your feet/Just cause you cut me to the bone

"Dallas, this is Will, my boyfriend," you said, clearly uncomfortable, having run into your ex-boyfriend at the fair. You were staring at the ground. So you couldn't see the look Dallas was giving you. You didn't want to know what he felt. 

"Nice, (Y/N). Where'd you find this one? The loser emporium?" Dallas sneered at you. Your head snapped up and you glared at him. 

"Good one, Dallas. Real funny." You took Will's hand and started to walk off. Dallas watched you two walk over but not before he heard you say to Will; "I'm so glad I found you. I love you, Will."

"You should know, Will, she's a good for nothing slut!" Dallas shouted after you guys. Dallas doesn't remember much after that other than Will breaking his nose. But he figures that's probably for the best. At least he started a fight with you instead of doing what he really wanted to do. Dallas wanted to fall to his knees and beg for you back. He couldn't understand why you mattered to him so much. He should've been able to walk away. He was, after all, Dallas Winston, player extraordinaire.  It wasn't like him to get so caught up in girls. 

But seeing you with some other guy hurt him more than he expected and it made him want to beg for your forgiveness. But his pride wouldn't let him. So chose to pick a fight and push you even farther away, rather than show any form of weakness. 

Darry: I'll pretend my ships not sinking/And I'll tell myself I'm over you

"Hey, Darry. I like your tux," you said over the punch bowl, at senior prom. Darry startled himself, actually hearing your voice outside of his dreams. His tongue went dry when he saw you in your dress, looking amazing. He was physically and mentally rendered speechless. "Are you okay?" 

"Yeah," Darry said, shaking his head. Trying to get out of the weird funk you'd put him in. "I'm totally fine. Peachy, really." 

"That's good. I'm glad your doing so well," you left out the 'since we broke up' that was on your tongue. Darry nodded with a smile. "So did you bring a date?" 

"Uhh... yeah," Darry said, lying through his teeth. He looked around the gym to find a girl that he could pass off as his date. "Sandra Kelley. She's my date."