Chapter 4

*Last lesson*

I wasn't even paying attention to what Miss Ross was writing on the board, but I'm vaguely sure it had something to do with World War ll. Along with the rest of the class, I zoned out quite fast and became mixed up in my own thoughts. How would tonight go with Tom? Last time I was at his place I was 6 years old so this was going to be a very different experience for me. My eyes begin to dart around the room to see what others are doing. I see Michelle listening to her iPod whilst pretending to be taking notes, Jason is texting Zack across the room I'm certain, Uhh Sadie is full on staring at Harry, like I'm not even kidding and I swear to God there is a puddle of drool on her desk. I look beside me to see if Harry sees her, but when I see he is just staring at the board and not paying attention I think I should alert him.

"Looks like you have an admirer!" He looks at me confused so I motion my head into Sadie's direction and he catches my drift. And the following happens...
Harry looks at Sadie, Sadie looks away and at the board slightly smiling (probably believing he has the hots for her) She then pushes out her boobs so everyone across the room can see her enormous cleavage, bites her lip and flicks her hair over her shoulder, you know how they do in the movies except this was obviously down to precise planning and years of training. Harry looks back down at his desk and starts laughing quietly to himself, I kind of feel like he read my mind or something....creepy.

"Whats so funny!?" I whisper once he seems to calm down ever so slightly.
"She thought that looked attractive!!" He spits out and goes back to silent laughing. I go to see if Sadie has put 2 and 2 together, but it looks like she put 2 and 2 together and got 9. She is leaning over to her friend and telling her about the last sequence of events, and now here is my extremely awesome lip reading skills.

Sadie: OMG Heather!! Harry was totally just checking me out.
Heather:Oh my god really oww I cant believe I missed it! What happened exactly and i want deats.
Sadie:Okay so I looked to see if he was looking at me and he was totes like full on staring at me and he had that smile like 'ohmigod hot' so I like looked away and now he's just laughing it off I guess.
Heather:Oh em gee girl thats amazing I can't even.....
Sadie: I know I know I know!!!

(I am not even kidding this is actually the words they used)

Holly and I just look at each other and roll our eyes, this conversation right here leaves me with no hope for humanity. The bell sounds finally and we all pack up our stuff and get ready to leave for home. I see Sadie making a beeline for Harry and I'm about ready to bolt when he pulls my forearm.
"Nuh uh if I go down you go down with me!" He says placing me back beside my desk, I can't ignore his strength.
"Hey so uhm Harry, I was thinking we should do our french project tonight and we could you know hang out after...."Sadie musters up probably the most seductive voice in the history of man and again bites her lip until I swear its about to bleed.
"Look Sadie, why don't you do the first half, I'll do the second half and then we wont have to bother with all that other crap" Harry says and pulls me behind him out of the classroom into the hallway. We reach our lockers and place our unnecessary books inside.
"Holy shit dude, well done!!" I exclaim to Harry and after a quick high five I turn to say goodbye.
"I got to go to Tom's now but I will talk to you tomorrow okay!?" I ask getting ready to leave.
"Yup see you then, oh and thanks, for everything today.." Harry says flashing a smile at the end of this.
"No problem curly!!" I call back, that was a nickname I developed for him in chemistry today. Apparently because I'm the whitest person he has ever met I am Snowy. Not sure how I feel about that..

*The Next Morning*

I round the corner by the bakery signalling I am almost at school when I hear my name being shouted behind me. I turn my body towards the noise and see Harry crossing the road, I remove one of my headphones and say good morning.

"How did the thing with Tom go last night?" He asked.
"Oh nothing special, got like half of the project done, had pasta, went home" I tell him, it wasn't a very exciting evening but it was really great to catch up with Tom after not really talking after so long.
"Hmm, are you guys like dating or something?" I'm quite caught offguard by that question.
"Hahaha that's really funny, because last night Tom asked if you and I were dating!!" I reply. Tom and I were talking about nothing when all of a sudden he asked right out of the blue. Pretty strange but all I can do is laugh it off I guess.
"Wow, weird. Don't people know I only met you yesterday!?"
"Exactly!" I say back, he reaches for one of my headphones and pops it into his ear and says. "So what we listening to!?"
"Just The Script" I say crossing the road with Harry standing close beside me nodding his head along to the music.
"I like this song" He says smiling down at me, yes he is quiet a tall guy. "Same, I love it" And we continue the walk in silence, not an awkward silence though, a comfortable one. We just enjoy the music and each others company.

"Shit sorry I gotta take this" He quickly reaches for his phone in his pockets and walks away so I'm out of ear shot, with his back facing me so no lip reading either. I stand there for about 2 minutes when he turns back to me with a look of concern on his face. "Everything alright" I ask.
"Oh yeah, I just left my history book on the kitchen counter" He says with worry in his voice.
"Don't worry, you can share mine" I say giving him back his headphone and continue through the front gate.

*Second lesson: English*

We are studying the book 'Looking For Alaska' by John Green which just so happens to be one of my favourite books so I find concentrating in English a lot easier, Harry on the other hand looks a little on edge. He is hunched over his desk, keeps checking the clock, is tapping his foot repeatedly and flinches at small noises. Mr Jones starts to scribble some homework on the board when a deafening sound takes hold of the room.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEEEEEEEEEP. Seven short and one long, why are we in lockdown?

"GET UNDER A DESK!" Mr Jones screams at us all. Harry springs into action and drags my paralysed body under the subs desk they keep at the back of class. He shoves me under before securing himself underneath as well. Everyone else ran for the storage cupboards or the bookshelves that could probably fit a couple of bodies. I start to panic, we have never been in lockdown before, I feel a strong grip around my shoulders.

"Hey hey Scarlett it's allright shhh stay calm, it's all gonna be okay shhh....."He says while slightly rubbing my shoulders to keep me calm. I look at his face and see how relaxed and calm he is, it's not natural.
"Aren't you scared Harry!?" I whisper shout at him even though he is about 3cm away from me.
"You have to stay calm in these situations"
"Did you know!? Because for only going here for 2 days your sure know our alarm system and what to do in a lockdown!!" I start to slowly cry without any reason. Harry wipes my tears away with his thumb.
"Shhh....it's okay..."
"Answer my question Harry"I ignore his request. He takes a deep sigh and looks into my eyes.
"I can explain.." He begins.
"Please do" I ask.
"......I'm an agent with the secret service, I was placed here to protect you Scarlett. I'm what they call a protector"

Why do I need a protector!?!?