Chapter 8

"So now that I know where I'm going, can you tell me why?" I ask hopeful that I can finally get some answers. 

"Well once we are in Washington, we need to head to the secret service headquarters and figure out what to do from there. They may give you a new look or move you to a new location" He tells me. 

"If i go somewhere will you be coming with me?" I dont really trust anyone else at the moment and I want him by my side. 

"Of course I will, you dont have to worry about that I will be beside you through all of this" His reply obviously means its written all over my face that I want him with me. A small smile crosses his face and i slowly feel one appearing on mine. 

"You look tired, and once we land its going to be a lot to take in. Why dont you get some sleep okay?" He says. 

"No I'm fine" I reply quickly. 

"...Why dont you want to sleep"

"...I dont know, I'm scared about whats going to happen when I wake up"

"Scarlett this is all going to be here even if you stay up" Harry says. Its pretty obvious I'm putting up a front, this is a big shock as you can imagine. Ive lost everyone I love in less than an hour, it isnt a nice feeling at all. 

"Whats going to happen after this is all over?" I ask Harry, my eyes welling up with tears. 

"What do you mean?" Harry says moving closer. 

"Will I get to see dad and Derek again?" I let a few tears spill over. 

"I dont know, I cant say for sure I'm sorry" He swipes away a few tears from my cheek. 

"Will Holly be safe? And Tom?" I ask next. 

"Oh yes they will be fine Scarlett, dont worry we have people in your town making sure they are safe"He says comfortingly. I go quiet now, I am never gonna see my best friends ever again. 

"What is the cover story, as too why i have left without saying goodbye?"

"Well, in an hour or so, your place will be on fire. I took you home after and I was invited to stay. You your dad and I all died. Its the only way Scarlett. Im sorry this all had to happen" he says. I lean into him and quietly sob into his shirt. He puts his arm around me and rubs my back. We stay like this for quite a while. I dont stop the tears, I just let it all out. 

A little but later the tears stop, but neither Harry or I move away. 

"I trust you Harry"I say simply, I think he needs to hear it and I do trust him. 

"Dont worry about a thing.  I'll protect you" He replies in a soft voice. 

"Im gonna sleep now" I feel myself drifting off quickly and my eyelids begin to close. 

"Okay love"Harry says still rubbing my back. He begins to hum For The First Time by The Script. I recognise it almost instantly, its both of our favourite songs. Just loud enough so only I can hear. Then he pulls a blanket over me and makes sure I'm comfortable. And thats all I remember before I fall to sleep.