Chapter 39

*Scar's P.O.V*

Bang 

The shot echo's through the room, bouncing of all the walls and concrete floors. Bo's body slumps to the floor in front of me, I turn to find the source of the loud noise.

"Are you insane?!?" I hear Frank yell to me, his gun raised in his hands, smoking. I stand staring at him until I remember Holly. She's lying on the floor, unable to look away from the body lying a foot in front of her. I drop my gun, still raised in my hand and skid to beside her on the floor, rushing to free her hands from the rope holds.

"Shh it's okay, everythings okay" I hush her quietly when I feel her shaking hands underneath the rope, when I throw the discarded rope to the side of the room it's only then that I notice my hands shake also. I hear the thumping of feet behind me and Liam and Louis are helping me with the knots around her legs.

"There's a medic outside who can look at her. You should probably talk to Frank" Liam says looking up at me, I turn to Holly sitting petrified beside me and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Louis and Liam are going to take you to get checked okay, you can trust them, their my friends" I say reassuringly to her. She opens her mouth as thought to speak but decides against it and nods. The boys and I help her to her feet and she allows them to lead her to an older looking woman with an ambulance uniform, must be one of their workers I guess. Frank is by me a millisecond later, Harry following behind them.

"Are you alright?" An anxious Harry asks me, I nod my head and force a small smile.

"Don't worry I'm fine" I say to him and turn to Frank. 

"What you did was totally irresponsible Scarlett, you are my responsibility and if you get hurt it reflects bad on me! You stole my gun and meet up with a criminal!" He yells outraged.

"He had Holly what was I suppose to do, let him take her away from me as well!" I scream back. He opens his mouth but I cut in "And yes I know that she isn't part of my life anymore but I would have done it for anyone of you!!!" I finish raising my voice even further, feeling the tears coming I try and swallow them down, willing myself not to break down, no matter how much I want to.

"You shouldn't have c-"

"Frank leave it!!!" Harry yells at him suddenly, catching us both by surprise. "You honestly can't have expected her to sit by that's just who she is. I would have done the same and I hope you would to!" He says confidently, looking from Frank to me. "You got Holly, it's okay you did this" He lowers his voice and reassures me, as if he knew I had doubts about my plan working.

"Where you going to shoot him?" Frank asks, his voice and face softer. I stutter and think back to 5 minutes ago. I was angry, frustrated, this guy had ruined my life and was going to destroy what I had left. My hand was on the trigger.......

"If you hadn't arrived I would have yes" I reply looking through Frank and Harry's shoulders to see Bo lying in a pool of blood, I almost did that, but I didn't.

"Frank come here" I hear Niall shout from a spot by Bo's body. Frank nods and leaves Harry and I.

"Are you sure your alright?" Harry asks me quietly, stepping a little closer. I look to him, his face is full of caution, not wanting to get to close in case I turned him away like I have the past few days, insecurities. The worried look in his eyes, fearing that my answer may be no, protective. When he had the chance to do what he wanted most of all, to kill Bo, he didn't because of me, caring. He's not a murderer to me, he didn't kill anyone for god sakes, he's a person who cares about me, a person I care about.

"No" I mumble not turning away from his gaze, allowing tears to escape my eyes. His face fills with worry and he takes a cautious step forward, I close the space between us, walking forward into his torso, he wraps his arms around me tightly, rubbing my back with one of his hands. He allows me to sob into his shirt, holding me tightly as if he would never let me go. He kisses my forehead lightly and I look up to him.

"I love you" I say quickly, feeling like a fool for saying so, why would he say it back. He connects my lips with his quickly, cupping my cheeks as I reach up and wrap my arms around his neck.

"I love you too" He says smiling, wrapping me in a big hug again.