Chapter 54

"Alright Scarlett, you stand him up nice and slowly" My dad says to me, his gun drawn and pointed into the hallway, there's no-one there but just to be sure I guess. Dad and I have wrapped up his leg and stopped some of the blood, Harry was still becoming very pale. I put his arm around my shoulder and pulled him up to a standing position.

"Ahh" He said, screwing his face together.

"You okay?" I whisper.

"I'm alright" He replies, I feel him shaking against me, trying to not rest all his weight on me. I put an arm around his waist and drag in until he's completely standing. My dad looks down the hallway once more before turning back to me.

"You need to go with him. Go back the way you came. Go as fast as you can and keep in contact with everyone on your radio. Keep your gun ready, there will be an ambulance waiting for you outside" He puts an arm on my shoulder. "Be safe and good luck" He says. I nod and he takes his hand off my shoulder. He checks the hallway before motioning for me to go. 

I practically have to drag Harry down the hallway, while he drags his leg panting heavily. We reach the hatch with the ladder and I set him down on the floor and rip open the hatch. It weighs a ton, but it moves off the floor easily.

"Okay, now how does this work?" I ask looking from Harry to the floor. He winces before speaking.

"I'll go first and then you follow" He huffs, I nod and help pull him towards the hole. I help him lower himself down and he climbs down slowly before collapsing onto the ground below.

"Are you okay?" I whisper shout, being aware that we could still run into people.

"I'm okay I'm okay" He reassures me, rolling onto his front and pulling himself along the ground. I hurry down the ladder once he's out of the way. I walk over and pull him up.

"I'm tired" he whispers as I drag him through the tunnel.

"No whatever you do don't go to sleep on me okay?!" I panic, thinking that with his leg, if he falls asleep he may not wake up. He doesn't reply, but his eyes stay open, barely though.

"Everything alright?" I hear my dads voice sound down the radio. I pick up my radio with my free hand and talk into it.

"We're almost at the hatch, everythings okay" I reply, i hear a sigh of relief over the radio before I put it back into my pocket. I hear Harry wincing beside me. "We're almost out of here it's gonna be fine" I say to him, feeling tears welling up in my eyes. A wave of relief washes over me when I see the hatch has been opened and there are paramedics looking down the hatch. They hand me down a harness.

"Put this around him" One of the paramedics drops down through the hole and helps me secure it around Harry. He gives the guys above a thumbs up and they pull Harry up out of the hole. He get's out and someone else pulls me and the other paramedic through. I rush over to the ambulance and climb in before anyone can stop me.

"Miss you can't be in here" One of the ladies says as I sit by Harry.

"Please.." Harry chokes out to her, as she injects him with an IV. She hesitates before nodding and telling the driver to leave. The doors shut and the engine roars to life. I grab onto Harry's hand.

"Miss you need to keep him awake for ten minutes until we get to the hospital" The doctor says. I nod and squeeze Harry's hand and look at him.

"Just stay awake, it's all gonna be fine" I plead to him, he nods, looking at me with unconcerned eyes.

"I know, relax.."He says to me soothingly, I take a few breaths before he speaks again. "I had a dream about you the other night" He whispers smiling.

"What happened?" I ask him intrigued, i figure it's better for him to talk, it will keep him awake longer. He winces as we go over a speed bump before turning again to me.

"It's a little while into the future I think, 20 years maybe. Anyway I walk through the front door of our house carrying a bag of groceries, by the way we have a lovely home, you decorated it" I laugh before he continues, groaning slightly, i don't know what the doctors are doing, but I know if i look I'll regret it. "I walk into the kitchen and there you are, your cooking something I have no idea what it is, but your mum's there too. Your dad comes up to me and is all like 'Merry Christmas Harold' and I figure it's christmas so i reply you know merry christmas to you sir because apparently I'm still shit scared of him" He pauses and laughs with me quietly. "Then all these kids run in, if I had to guess they'd be about 14, 9 and 5. They get all excited and you tell them off for squealing so they squeal even louder and we all laugh because there so rebellious and don't do as their told" This is the part where I notice the constant flow of tears rolling down my cheeks. "And anyway we all have christmas and it's full of laughing and hugging and everything and even your dad gives me a spine breaking hug which is okay because he didn't like kill me or anything. And I woke up from this dream and I realise that it sounds really crazy and all that but I wanted it to be real, I want to have a life with you" He sighs heavily, his eyes still open.

"That sounds pretty good to me" I whisper, looking at him, my vision blurred by tears.

"One thing I want to change about the dream though" He winces.

"Whats that?" I ask.

"We don't have a cat" He replies.

"No cat?" I ask

"Yes, and I feel that that will need to change" He says seriously, but still smiling. I wipe away some tears with my sleeve.

"We can get a cat" I choke out to him, smiling back at him. "After this is all over, and we have a place to live and all, the first thing we will do is get a cat" I confirm to him. He smiles back at me, his eyelids droopy.

"I love you" He whispers to me.

"I love you too" I reply, without a seconds hesitation.

The van stops a few seconds later and the door is flung open. The stretcher is pulled out as well as all the doctors inside of it. I follow after them quickly and enter with them into the hospital.

"You must wait here Miss" A lady tells me in a thick German accent, I look around at the blue reception area, it's completely empty.

"Where am I?" I ask her.

"The Secret Service Institute in Germany, it was closer than a hospital. How are you related to the patient?" She asks.

"I'm his girlfr-fiance, I'm his fiancé" I reply to her.

"He's being taken to surgery, it might be a while. I'll leave you alone now" She says before retreating away. Surgery, he's in surgery. My back hits a wall and I slide down it helplessly, I sit there for the long time, a half hour maybe an hour, until I hear faint noises coming from my radio. I pull it out and connect to it.

"Dad.." I whisper into it.

"Are you guys okay?" He asked, growing concern in his voice.

"He's in surgery" I tell him, he says something inaudible to someone beside him.

"Did you find her?" I ask him, my hands shaking.

"Not yet, but we are still looking, don't worry about a thing. I'll talk to you later sweetheart" He says before the line disconnects. I drop the radio and lean my head against the wall behind me. Staring at the clock on the wall ahead.....