Chapter 19

*Harry's P.O.V*

I don't even stop to knock on Frank's door before I let myself in, he's looking at that thing again. Everyday he just stares at this world map and pin points possible locations for Scarlett to go where she can be safe, but then he can't decide which place is better than the others, so he just stares at it as if he hopes one of the locations will tell him which one is best. He looks pretty startled when I barge in, but I don't care, I am pissed.

"Harry, it's polite to knock" He says sarcastically. I just stare at him.
"Frank this is serious cut the bullshit" I reply. 
"Wow okay" He puts the map away and puts his elbows on his desk and looks to me. "What's up kiddo?" He's always called me kiddo, even at work.
"Vanessa hurt Scarlett" I say simply, not wasting my time.
"What do you mean she hurt her" He looks at me puzzled.
"Well there is a possibility she broke her knee, they are x-raying her now"
"So when did this happen?"
"When you made me go to training!" I jump up from my chair and start to pace. I guess I pace when I'm frustrated.
"Okay that was a mistake, but are you sure she did it, I mean why would she?"

"She told Scarlett that she and I are in a relationship and that she wouldn't even matter if she wasn't Jack Munroe's daughter and that I didn't care about her and Scarlett believed it all" I hiss out, not angry at Frank, angry at this situation. I don't even realise my mistake.
"You care about Scarlett? In that way..?" Frank asks me quietly, I turn to look at him and I guess the tears in my eyes are a dead giveaway.
"Harry, I didn't know thought of her like that, but I'm glad!" Frank's face breaks out into a smile.
"But it's against the rules, isn't it?" I ask.
"Well it was until Alex mentioned to me that you may like her, I don't know how he noticed it and I didn't but I guess that's why he's our boss. He said that if it were to happen, that you two could be together" He replies happily, I sit on the edge of the windowsill.
"I thought you would be happy Haz?" He comes over and joins me, sitting on my left hand side.
"She doesn't trust me, she thinks that I only like her because of her dad, she's believing what Vanessa said to her. She thinks it's all part of the job" I say sadly, looking at my hands.
"I know what we need to do" Frank says to me, putting his hand on my back.
"What?" I look up at him, he has his plan face on, without explanation he walks over to his phone and calls someone on it.
"Can I see Agent Tomlinson in my office please...Thank you" He then hangs up the phone and looks over to me.
"Trust me Harry" Is all he says before Louis walks in a short time later..

*Scarlett's P.O.V*

I wake up extremely groggy and fuzzy and immediately become afraid, it's amazingly similar to when I was tied to that chair. I start to hyperventilate but I find a feeling of comfort a split second later.
"Shhhhh it's okay shhhh" Harry's hand rubs my back from my upseated position and eases me back down, my eyes adjust and I am relieved that I am still in my hospital room. Then I remember my knee and mentally face palm myself for worrying so much. I look over to Harry sitting beside me, who looks oddly happy but I ignore it. He doesn't truly care and I'm glad I realise it now before I completely fell for him. Beside him is Louis, wearing exactly the same expression. Somethings up.

"What are you two both so excited about?" I ask.
"I got fired!" Harry says excitedly. "I got hired!" Louis follows straight after him.
"Wait what do you mean?" 
"Well since you think this is all just a job to me, I quit and Louis is your now protector but sorry your still my fiancé" Harry replies with that same old cheeky smirk.
"You quit!? You just said you got fired?"
"It didn't rhyme with hired so we went with that!" He replies back, he looks like a kid in a lolly shop.
"And your now my protector Louis?" I point to him
"At your service!" He bows to me, making me giggle. "I'm going to make full use of my new job and go guard the door!" He yells out skipping towards the door and closing it behind him.
"It's not a job to me Scarlett, if it was I wouldn't have quit. Plus I kind of have a confession" Harry says quietly.
"What kind of confession?" I ask him, sitting up slightly.
"Once I realised I was developing feelings for you, I contacted Alex and asked him to stop paying me"
"But why?"
"Because it wasn't a job for me anymore, it was an instinct to protect you" He tells me, I can't help but melt at his words.
"When was this?"
"...Your gonna laugh at me" He whines, turning a light shade of red.
"Please tell me!" I squeal.
"...after the hit man came to school" He replies quietly, not daring to look at me.
"So day two?" I ask cheekily.
"Yes day two" He looks up at me, smiling and I can tell he's embarrassed. He reaches for my hand and this time, I don't pull away. I can almost see relief wash over his face. 
"I don't care who your father is, he doesn't effect the way I feel about you. Vanessa is nothing to me, absolutely nothing I swear to you. Please don't listen to a word she says" He says to me nervously. I look up at him and nod.
"Okay I believe you, and I'm sorry you had to quit your job to show me that" I feel guilty for him having to quit to show me his feelings were genuine.
"I really don't care, but you still have to be engaged to me, it's too late to change" 
"I don't mind" I reply, making the grin on his face grow bigger. He goes to give me a kiss on the forehead but I lean upwards, blocking him off by my nose, our foreheads stay pressed against each other. He gives me a small peck on my nose but pulls away quickly when we hear Louis knock at the door.
"Got your x-rays back" The nurse walks in completely oblivious to how close we were seconds beforehand. She walks towards a screen at the side of the room and puts the sheet onto it and flips a switch, she then points to things that I suggest are my bones.
"Right there, broken" Is all she says before coming over to me and begins wrapping my knee in bandages, the drugs I was given before have slowly worn off and I feel the pain coming back. Harry stands right beside me, our hands still interwoven. Louis looks over to me and gives me a big thumbs up for some unknown reason and goes to talk to Harry. How will I deal with having Louis around so much, I may go crazy with that amount of sassy sarcasm. Oh well, it might make life more fun around here....