Chapter 45

From entering Alex's office, I can tell straight away that he's a neat freak. His desk is completely clean, a desk I thought would be chaotic with papers and coffee cups scattered everywhere. I soon realise he must put all his papers into the big filing cabinets at the corner of his room. 

"Please sit down" He gestures to one of the leather chairs across from his desk. I sit down while he shuts the door behind him and retreats around to the front of his desk.

"Did I do something wrong?" I ask "I feel like I'm in the principals office or something" He laughs to himself and looks back up at me smirking.

"I'm sorry if thats the vibe you got, no your not in any kind of trouble. I just wanted to talk to you about a couple of things. But firstly would you like anything to drink, tea coffee, water..." He asks trailing off.

"Oh no I'm alright thank you" I say to him, he nods before placing both his hands into one fist and placing them onto his desk.

"I heard from Frank that you quote.." He says opening his desk drawer and pulling out a brown file and flicking to a particular page. "Took my hand gun and met with Bo to negotiate friend's release" He reads from the page then looks up to me, his reading glasses on the bridge of his nose.

"Uhh yes I did, I was trying to help my friend.." I say leaping to my own defence.

"Just like anyone else would have done" He says cutting me off quietly. "It was an honourable thing to do to save your friend, it reminds me of something your father would do" He says looking to me and giving me a small smile.

"Anyway" He continues on. "Frank also said that you expressed an interest into the agency"

"Yeah I did" I say quickly.

"After he said that, I pulled up your examination results over the last few years" He says while rising from his chair and walking to the cabinet and pulling out the middle draw. He flicks through a few files before producing one and pushing the draw shut and flipping it open, leaning against the cabinet he reads.

"Passed all examinations with high marks, commendable for your sporting achievements in boxing and volleyball. Honours award for geography and english. I personally believe through looking at all of this that out in the field, your talents may be wasted" He says looking at me as he finishes and walking back to his seat.

"How so?" I ask him curiously.

"Well just that we have many branches of the agency. You have the field agents like the boys, field operators like Frank who basically call the shots, stakeout teams who well they stake out and lastly where I think you will fit well, the strategy team" He says grandly.

"The what?" I ask, not quite catching the point he was making.

"Well basically we have a situation, like the lockdown at your school for example. We can't just barge in and shot down anyone and everyone, you need to have a strategy. They make plans of ways to get in and out alive and without them we would be nothing" He finishes.

"So they're kind of like the planning members of the Secret Service?" I ask, slightly intrigued.

"Well yes thats another way to put it" He says.

"You think I could handle that?" I ask him.

"Yes, and I want you to start right away, I already have a job for you"

"What's the job?" I ask him.

"Finding you mum..."

***Harry's P.O.V****

I find myself playing around with my hands nervously and swinging around on the wheelie chair.

"Almost got it" Daniel, the tech guy says next to me. I talked all of this over with Alex and Frank and even had a little speech prepared and yet I am at lost for words when it comes down to it.

"Cool" I say trying to keep my voice level and chilled, it was just a phone call for god's sake Harry pull yourself together.

"Alright here we go" Dan says clicking the mouse a couple of times. "This is the button you click to make the call, it's all scheduled so he will answer, I'll leave you to it" He says rising from his desk and leaving the room, closing the door shut quietly behind him. I knew I had to do this, I actually didn't have to do this it was my idea but for myself I had to do this. 

****3 days earlier*****

"You really want to do this Harry, it isn't absolutely necessary" Alex's voice says at the other end of the phone line. I was sitting with Frank in his room on the phone to Alex. Frank was standing by the door staring openly at me and I was leaning against the window frame.

"Yes I do, is it possible?" I ask him, this was a bit of a big deal. I didn't want to sound nervous but I'm gonna be honest, nothing terrified me more.

"He's open to it, but you do realise you will have to ask him yourself, through a skype call" He states to me, I nod stupidly then realise that he can't see my through the telephone line.

"I know I know" I reply.

"Okay sure, you can make the call once you get back here" He says quietly.

"I don't want Scar to know, just yet" I say nervously, wrapping the cord of the phone around my finger.

"Sure, I need to speak to her about some things so you can do it then" Alex replies, hmm I wonder what they have to talk about. Oh well, one less problem I have to deal with I guess.

"Okay then, that works" I say, we organise it all and then he ends the call.

"You nervous?" Frank asks, staying in his position across the room.

"Mhmm" I hum in response.

"I'm going to take that as a yes" He smiles.

"Should I be nervous, I feel nervous" I say quickly.

"Shouldn't be to bad, I have complete faith in you" he says opening the door, I nod and leave the room and head for downstairs.

**Present time***

I shake off as many nerves as I can and hit the call button, Alex says he doesn't know who is making the call, so I have to start with introducing myself. The call is accepted and his face appears on the screen. I put on my best business face demeanour and place my hands behind my back.

"Good afternoon Mr Munroe, my name is Harry Styles and I'm a field agent with the Secret Service" I say managing to keep my voice surprisingly steady.

"Please Harry, call me Jack. I assume your calling to talk about my daughter?" He asks.

"I am sir"