Chapter 44

***3 days later****

I was up earlier than the others because of all the packing I had to do. All of us, including Gemma and Ella, were leaving Holmes Chapel and going to Washington for this whole Secret Service Ball thing. The whole thing sounds like a total drag but we can at least all have fun and I can forget about all the agents surrounding me for one night and pretend it's a weird version of my prom....actually no I can't so the whole thing will be a drag. Plus when I get back, Alex says I can help him look for my mum so I wont have to sit around all day and think. Because thinking for me leads to worrying, and when your mum has been missing for several months, worrying is not a good idea. I was packing up some of my toiletries when I heard a soft knock at my door.

"Hey, I just wanted to check that you were up" A half asleep Gemma whispers from the door after leaning her head in.

"I thought I would get a head start" I whisper back gesturing to the suitcase open and on my bed.

"Good planning" She mumbles to me.

"Once I'm done getting dressed do you want some help?" I asked, not wanting to sit around while everyone rushes, Frank booked us on an early flight which really ticked everyone off.

"Yeah do you think you could get Ella up and get her dressed, I packed her bag last night you just need to get her dressed and pack her toys and stuff for the plane"

"Sure no problem" I say folding up a sweater and placing it on top of the pile of clothes.

"I need to go but thanks for that" She adds sounding relieved.

"Your welcome, now go we have a flight to catch" I say back, she nods and closes the door and I hear her feet walking back down the hall to her room. I quickly finish packing and put on polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=84320416 and close up my suitcase.

"Ella..Ella wake up baby.."I whisper shaking the sleeping 3 year old slightly. She slowly opens her eyes and says excitedly, sounding more alert. Harry had been going on and on about how we would be flying in a big plane and Ella grew extremely excited as the days passed by.

"Yes plane today, now hop up and lets get you dressed okay?!"I say, she nods and jumps out of bed. I turn her bedroom light on and put on the outfit Gemma lay out for her. She allowed me to do all of this reasonably fast and without fuss, talking about how excited she was for the plane ride I'm sure she will fall asleep on.

"Will we fly in the clouds? She asks curiously as I button up her coat.

"Sometimes we will yes"I say back to her, fiddling with the buttons on the coat.

"Can I touch them!?" She squeals excitedly.

"No honey, you wont be able to touch the clouds" I tell her, tying up her shoes as she sits on the ground, she seems disappointed by this but doesnt bring it up again.

"Right, there you go" I say as I finish with the laces on her shoes. "Let's go down stairs" I say, she quickly grabs my hand and tries dragging me down the stairs, ofcourse I let her because I've still been training with the boys. But after Gemma and Frank had a 'civilised' conversation, Frank told me to take it down a couple of notches which I did not have one problem with at all. We reach downstairs and all the boys were frantically running around.

"Where the bloody hell are my shoes?"

"Found my sock!!"

"Anyone seen my passport?"

"Calm down boys we have half an hour till we have to leave" I hear Franks voice boom over the others, they all relax a little bit but continue to run around like headless chickens.