Chapter 21

*Scarlett's P.O.V*

After some slight delays on the ground, the flight attendants finally tell us it's time for take off, thankfully the boys all shut up and listen to the safety briefing. Every time my family and I went on holidays, I would get them to shut up and listen to the safety briefing and when they didn't, tell them how many rows it was until our nearest exit. I watched one of those plane crash investigation shows and I don't think I have ever felt safe on a plane again, my whole family thought I was a complete nut but I thought one day they would thank me for being such a nuisance. Obviously that won't be happening.

The seat belt sign had been turned off and I could collectively hear all the boys undo their seat belts, mine stayed nice and tight around my lap.
"Scar, you can take your safety belt off you know?" Louis peers over his seat.
"I know that, I just don't like living dangerously" I reply.
"You would make the most sucky spy then" 
"That's great then, like I care" I open up my magazine when I hear Niall say. "But you have the gene!" He stands up throwing his hands out to the side, we were alone in first class, I don't know how Frank managed to do it but he did.
"I don't care about some old theory of yours that I would be a great spy" I say not looking up from my magazine.
"So you wouldn't even consider it?" Rob asks.
"Nope" I pop the 'p' at the end. Niall sighs and sits back down in his seat, Harry is just sitting aside watching this all go down. I can feel his eyes on me.

"Something I can help you with curly?" I turn around to look at him.
"Why don't you care about all this?" He asks gesturing around to him. I assume he is talking about the Secret Service.
"Because I don't want to have a life where I have to worry if I come home at the end of the night" I sigh looking up at him.
"That's not what this is" He says in defence.
"My mum was a part of all of this wasn't she?" I ask him, he nods in reply. "Now it all makes sense"
"What makes sense?" He asks.
"When my mum would come back from 'courses' or my dad came back from 'business trips', when they got back, they would just hug each other so tightly I thought they would break each other. I just thought it was because they were so in love but I think they were afraid the other wouldn't come back. They were afraid of losing each other, and I don't want that" I say snapping myself back to reality, I had got carried away with my own thoughts there.
"Or maybe they just missed each other?" Harry says.
"I don't think so, I mean I missed them when they went away but I didn't almost suffocate them with my hugs like they did"
"It isn't a dangerous job" Harry reassures me.
"Then why am I here? why are you all here protecting me? If it's not dangerous then why did my dad have to fly half way across the atlantic instead of explain all this to me himself?" I snap back at him. Now that shuts him up. 
"I rest my case" I say and begin looking out the window, my magazine from before forgotten. I'm not a big fan of heights, but the view is gorgeous. Staring gets boring after a while and I drift off to sleep to get the rest that was stolen from me this morning.

****************An undetermined amount of time later (because I couldn't find the time on google)*******************

A bag of peanuts hits the top of my head, rising me from my sleep. "Louis, seriously why?" I throw the peanuts back at him, but he ducks out of the way.
"Sorry princess, but planes landing, time to wake up" He winks and pops back over to his seat from his previous standing position in the isle and kicks Harry out of his seat. He rejoins the seat next to mine and puts his seat belt on. I don't know what it is about him today, but I got the feeling he was trying to recruit me or something, it was weird and I push it away as quickly as the thought appears to me. After a pretty bumpy landing, the air hostess announces.
"We have arrived in London Heathrow airport, thank you for flying with us today" I turn to Harry extremely confused.
"I thought we were landing in Ringway International (airport near Holmes Chapel, yeah I googled it) and driving from there" He looks at the back of Louis' seat, smiling like a goofy idiot. I don't get another chance to ask questions, the boys are in a rush apparently. I am whisked out of my seat and along the aisle out of the plane. No-one decides to fill me in on anything and uneasiness is rising in my stomach. Louis grabs my bag for me and when I ask him, he just shush's me and pulls me out of the terminal, throwing his own bag over his shoulder. There are more of those scary black cars with tinted windows waiting for us outside the airport, but this time Frank is driving with Louis in the front seat and Harry sitting beside me in the back. Being here reminds me of when I was first told about all of this, when there was the lockdown at school, when I found out about my dad and Harry and how my life would never be normal again. The resemblance of it sends shivers down my spine, and once again I have no idea where I am going. We leave the terminal with the other boys in the car behind us. Zayn has his license so he is driving the other boys. I stop asking questions since I know I wont get any answers, so I just stare out the window and keep my thoughts to myself. It's only when I start to recognise the street names that I speak up.

"Frank, where are you taking me?" Silence. More driving, more familiar names.
"Where are we going" Silence yet again, no-one in the car even flinches. It only hits me when we turn down one street I know all to well.
"Why are we at my school?" Frank pulls up on the other side of the street from the front gates, the school is on my side. I see people in my classes walking along, laughing and smiling. People sitting on the benches finishing homework they didn't do the night before, some cramming for tests under the tree's. And thats when I saw her, Holly.

"Frank why did you bring me back here?" I turn back to him, this time he does speak up.
"You aren't allowed to talk to her or even leave the car, you just get to see that she is okay" He replies, I turn back to Holly. She is waiting around the front gate, texting someone, probably waiting for them to get to school. It's still winter here, so she obviously wants to get out of the cold. She looks up and greets someone coming towards her, it's one of the girls who came into our class last year, I guess they made friends. I can tell from her smile that she is okay, its not plastered on like it was when her granddad died and she pretended like it was all fine. She was happy, and that made me happy. I missed her and I knew that she missed me, she was wearing a pair of earrings I gave to her a year ago, they were god awful and I had never seen her wear them, but there they were. She turned around and walked towards the school front doors and I knew we had to go, I didn't even notice I was crying until I felt one roll down my cheek.
"Thank you" I say to Frank once I had composed myself, he was still turned around in his seat as was Louis, looking at me with sad eyes, I probably looked pathetic. Frank just nodded and started the car up again and drove along the road. Louis turned back around to face me again.

"One of the roads is blocked to the highway, we need to go past your house" He says, I nod and return to looking out the window. A few minutes pass and we turn right down my street, right down memory lane. I only got to glimpse it for a second, but right where my home once was, is now a big patch of dirt. No remains of my house, not a piece of burnt rumble nothing. Just dirt, like it was never there and I guess now I have to pretend like it never was. Once in Holmes Chapel, Frank has to start teaching me my new life, in case I run into people and have to introduce myself. The girl who learnt to ride her bike down this street is gone, she burnt down in that house. I am a completely new person, and I have left that life behind me.