Chapter 55

*Scarlett's P.O.V*

Harry hasn't got out of surgery yet, it's been about 5 hours. I'm starting to really worry. No-ones around at the moment, all the reception people have run off somewhere so I'm all by myself, listening to the clock on the wall tick away, time moving so slowly. I hear some noise from my radio.

"Scar?" I hear. I pick it up off the ground and hold it to my mouth.

"Louis?" I answer, my voice catching.

"Yeah it's me, we are on our way now" He replies.

"Was my mum there?" I ask nervously.

"She was, we have her now" He replies, I can almost hint the sad smile in his voice. He probably blames me for all of this, and really, I blame myself too. Harry was only worrying about me he didn't even look out for himself. This whole mission was to save MY mum therefore this is MY fault. The feeling for me is bittersweet. On one hand I have my mother back with me, safe and sound. But then Harry is in surgery, because he got hurt.

"Okay, see you soon" I say, the radio clicks off and I set it down again beside me. 

*Louis' P.O.V*

We all burst out of the cars and head into the hospital wing of the Institute. We heard Harry had been shot and Scar went with him out of the tunnel. I reach the doors first which automatically open, revealing a light blue room decorated with white waiting room chairs. Scarlett is a very noticeable figure amongst all the light. Wearing her all black gear, slumped against a wall a few metres away from the door, she didn't even sit in a chair. She doesn't seem to notice us come in, her eyes on a clock hanging on the wall in front of her. Her mum rushes forward and sits beside her pulling her into a hug. Something snaps in Scar and she buries her head into her mothers shoulder for a few seconds, before looking back to us. I sense what she's thinking almost immediately.

"This wasn't your fault Scar" I say coming towards her, her arms wrapped tightly around her mum. She looked a lot like her mum, but she fought like her dad. "Harry getting hurt was not your fault" I repeat coming towards her, a few tears roll down her cheeks which her mum brushes away for her, her eyes not leaving her daughter. Scarlett turns to her mum and begins talking in a voice so small I can't hear, so I back away and the boys and I all settle into a group of chairs by Scarlett.

*Scarlett's P.O.V*

"What happened mum?" I ask her quietly, almost about to break down. I didn't know if I wanted to know or not really.

"All you need to know is that they took me because they thought I could be used as leverage against your father, when I told them none of us had the chip, they decided to keep me as a prisoner. But I'm alright" She told me soothingly, squeezing me a little bit tighter with every sentence. I had never realised how thankful I had been to be squeezed so tightly, those were always what my mums hugs felt like.

"I'm so sorry I didn't let you take me to school that day..." I whisper, my voice mainly muffled by my tears. I thought back to the day I last saw her, waiting to take me to school when I blew her off to go with my boyfriend instead. If she wasn't home, she wouldn't have been taken. She rubbed the back of my head with her hand.

"Shhh baby, it was not your fault, none of this is your fault" She says rocking me gently. "You saved me" She then tells me. She pulls away and cups my face in her hands. "I am so proud of you" She says to me. "Of everything you have done, of how strong and wise you have become. And I am so sorry that your father and I have kept this a secret for so many years, this life was so dangerous and I wanted to keep you out of harms way as much as I could" I nod and she removes her hands from my face.