✨ c h a p t e r s i x ✨

It was the day before the barbeque. I was upstairs in my room, writing about nothing in particular when someone barged in. I glanced up, doing a double take.

"How did you two know where I live?" I asked Anna and Maggie as they began inspecting my room.

"Roman told us," Maggie simply said. Anna opened my closet door, searching through it.

"Why'd you ask?" I asked, watching them warily.

"Because we need a girl's day out," she said.

"Do you have anything to wear for tomorrow?" Anna asked, turning away from my closet.

"I wasn't really planning on going," I admitted. They both shook their head disapprovingly.

"Come on." Anna grabbed my hand, leading me downstairs with Maggie right behind us.

"Oh! I didn't know we had visitors," my aunt said, appearing at the front door right before Anna could open it.

"I didn't either," I muttered. Maggie, lightly, nudged me with her elbow. "Aunt Leah, these are Maggie and Anna. They live around here." She smiled at them warmly.

"It's very nice to meet you two," she said. "Are you guys leaving?"

"Yeah, if you don't mind. We wanted to take Abigail shopping," Maggie said.

"Of course not! You guys enjoy," she said cheerfully. She grabbed her wallet, handing me two twenties. "Here, enjoy yourselves." I reluctantly took it.

The two of them dragged me outside where a dark green Jeep was parked. We piled inside. You know that stereotype about women that they can't drive? Let's just say Anna couldn't drive. At all. I wasn't quite sure how she passed her driver's test but I'd rather not know. After parking the car (haphazardly), I was dragged inside the mall. Since it was still quite early in the morning (ten thirty to be exact), there weren't a lot of people around. Anna and Maggie dragged me into some of the high fashion stores first. Since the Wright's had a massive pool that they allow everyone to use, we started looking for bathing suits. They tried on a couple of bikinis while I stuck to one pieces.

"Can you at least try one on?" Maggie begged.

"You have such a great figure Abigail! Flaunt it!" Anna encouraged.

I didn't have much of a choice. They handed me a strapless purple bikini and pushed me into one of the changing rooms. I sighed, stripping my clothes and putting it on. I wasn't going to lie – I really liked it. But my scars were on display and trust me, they were very noticeable.

"Come out, we wanna see!" Maggie said.

I closed my eyes and reopened them, taking a deep breath before opening the door to let them inside. They both stayed silent for a moment.

"Oh honey," Anna murmured, wrapping her arms around my neck. Maggie soon joined and we all just stood there, hugging. After a moment, I changed back and put the bikini back on the rack.

We decided to grab some food and headed to the small concession stand.

"How long?" Maggie asked as we sat.

"Around two years," I murmured, picking at my food.

"Is it because of your...parents?" Anna asked cautiously. I sucked in a deep breath.

"You know?" I asked. I didn't realize people did.

"Our mom's are friends with your aunt," she replied.

"Oh." I nodded slowly, tugging on my sleeves. "Yeah, it's just an escape. Even if it doesn't last."

"You know we're always here for you," Maggie said, reaching over to grab my hand. No they're not. I shook my head, pushing away the negative thoughts. Now's not the time.

"Even the guys, although they can be stupid most of the time," Anna added, holding my other hand. I gave them both a weak smile.

"Thank you, it means a lot."

We changed the subject a moment later. We talked about the barbeque and the Wright's daughter, Tiffany. Apparently she was a stuck up snob you'd find in any typical high school movie. She was like the Sharpay Evans of the school. (A/N: as you can see, I'm a major HSM fan). She also had a major crush on Roman and made sure to make it known to everyone on the face of the earth.

After shopping for a bit more, we all went back to my place. The three of us hung out inside my room.

"What's this?" Anna asked, holding up my notebook. She was going through my room while Maggie tried to FaceTime the guys.

"It's kind of like a journal I guess," I replied, taking my throw pillow as I leaned against the wall. She nodded, setting it down. I was surprised she didn't ask to take a look.

"Finally!" Maggie exclaimed, laying her head on the pillow on my lap. I began playing with her hair as Anna came and sat down next to us.

"What's up?" Asher asked. He appeared on the camera screen, looking away from his. He seemed like he was in deep concentration as he fiddled with what I could only assume was a control for a video game.

"Touchdown!" Tony boomed.

"There's no use talking to them," Anna said, grabbing my laptop. "They're just gonna play videogames and ignore us." Maggie nodded, leaning her phone on the laptop screen while still on FaceTime.

"What are some good romance movies?" Maggie asked as Anna went on some illegal website for movies.

"If I Stay?" I suggested. They both nodded in agreement.

For the next two hours, we watched If I Stay. I learned that Anna liked talking to the screen and Maggie was a huge cryer. It was kind of ironic. When I first met Anna, she seemed like the shy, quiet type. Maggie seemed like the total badass chick who loved to stand out. Boy, was I wrong.

I couldn't help but feel...wrong. There was this constant sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach – as if something bad was going to happen sooner or later.

A/N: please leave me feedback xo

Asher is played by Max Irons