✨ c h a p t e r t h i r t y s i x ✨

The closer we got to the end of the summer, the more anxious I got. Whenever I was around Roman, I tried not to think about leaving. But it was just so difficult. Sure, we weren't thousands of miles apart. I doubt we'd be able to see each other every weekend with our schedules. I mean, it's not like he was doing any sports or I was joining any major clubs, but who knows.

I vowed to myself that I would pursue my major. I didn't want to change it. Becoming a teacher means making a change in a child's life. That's all I want. I don't ever want to be the type of teacher that doesn't care about their students. That's not at all what I want. I want to be that teacher that all the students love. I want to be the teacher that'll help them grow into mature, intelligent students. I want to be the teacher that understands their students; one that'll help them when they need me.

"Hey," Roman said, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. "What are you thinking about?"

"My future," I murmured. He kissed the back of my ear gently.

"I hope I'm included in that." I grinned, tilting my head up to meet his lips.

"None of that in my kitchen." Roman and I jolted apart as Uncle Ben walked in. I blushed severely as he scowled. "You both destroyed my appetite." I chuckled, running my fingers through my hair as Roman rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Hi everyone," Aunt Leah said, stepping into the kitchen. "Why do you have such a sour look?" she asked Uncle Ben as she pecked his lips.

"There goes my appetite, too," I commented. Uncle Ben rolled his eyes as Roman chuckled.

"You're all a bunch of nuts," Aunt Leah said. I snickered at the comment while Roman rolled his eyes.

Roman quit his job at the ice cream parlor earlier today after one of the customers yelled at him for charging him extra for more nuts. It was clearly written on the board that you get charged extra for more toppings. The man went on to state that the customer was always right and Roman ended up blowing up on him. He got in trouble for it but he quit right afterwards. I found the whole situation to be funny, not gonna lie.

"So Roman," Aunt Leah said, grabbing the milk from the fridge. "I was thinking that we could invite your parents over for dinner tomorrow or whenever they're free." I looked at Roman who wrapped an arm around my waist.

"I'm sure they wouldn't mind. I'll let them know," he said.

"Great," she said, making a cup of coffee. "So what are you two doing today?"

"I was hoping if I could borrow her for the rest of the day," he said, giving me a secretive smile. "We haven't really gone out on a date in a while." I smiled, the excitement bubbling.

"Where are we going?" I asked. He smirked.

"It's a surprise." I rolled my eyes, huffing in annoyance which only seemed to amuse him.

"No problem at all. When do you need to leave?" she asked.

"Not for another two hours or so."

"In the meantime, we're gonna go catch up with the others. I felt like it's been too long since we all hung out," I said.

"Sure honey," Aunt Leah said, smiling.

After saying goodbye, Roman and I headed over to the beach hand in hand. I didn't see any of the others so I assumed they were probably home or something.

"You know something," I said to Roman. He looked down at me, a content smile on his lips.

"What?"