✨ c h a p t e r t h i r t y e i g h t ✨

For once in my life, I woke up happily. I wasn't jumping out of bed enthusiastically because that's just bullshit. No one in their right mind does that. I took a quick shower and changed into a pair of leggings and my dad's high school shirt. It was massive on me so I tied it up on the side. I came downstairs and began making breakfast. Both my aunt and uncle were already gone for work considering it was nearly noon.

After breakfast and lazily sitting around, I headed to the pier. I leaned against the pillar, my feet propped up in front of me. I plugged my headphones, turning my music on. I wrapped my arms around my legs and rested my head on my knees as I stared forward. The waves were calm today. The sun was shining brightly and there were barely any clouds out. All in all, it was a nice, sunny day. I sat there for a few minutes before my phone beeped.

Roman: Come over? I still need to give you your present.

I grinned, getting off my feet. Last night, Roman told me that he was going to give me his present today. I wiped off the sand from my butt and began making my way over. I didn't rush over considering I didn't need to. When I reached the front door, I realized it was unlocked. I opened it and stepped in to be greeted by two voices, both of which I recognized.

"But Romey," Tiff whined. "I love you."

"Tiffany, will you get the hell out of my house?" Roman asked, irritation in his voice. I held back a chuckle. Instead of stepping into the conversation, I hid behind the doorway.

Tiffany was standing a few feet away from Roman. She wore a white crop halter top and a short black shirt. She was literally pushing her chest out at him. He, as always, was wearing just a pair of sweatpants with his boxers peeking out. I never understood why boys did that. I mean, I think it's safe to assume that all boys wear boxers. Why would they not?

"But think about the good times we had!" she exclaimed. "Think about how good we were together." She took a step closer, holding his arm. "I can give you so many things, anything you want Romey."

"Then give me a restraining order because I don't want to be near you," he said, brushing her arm off.

"Hey boyfriend," I said, jumping in. I all but skipped to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and brought his lips to mine. He grinned against my lips but kissed me back nonetheless.

"Hey girlfriend," he said once we pulled away, his infamous smirk on his face.

"Do you need me to call pest control?" I asked innocently, looking over at Tiffany who simply glared at me. Roman chuckled, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"No need to worry about that. She knows the way out," Roman said, leaving butterfly kisses on my neck.

"Ugh!" Tiffany spat, practically stomping out of the house.

We both burst out laughing once the front door slammed shut. "That was absolutely nauseating to watch," I said.

Roman grinned deviously, leaning forward to place another kiss on my neck. "I don't know about you, but I'm definitely enjoying this." He pulled me closer, leaving absolutely no space between us, causing my breathing to hitch.

"R-right," I said shakily as his hands cupped my ass. I could feel him smirking against the skin of my neck. "How about that birthday present though?" He chuckled, pulling away.

"There's a couple parts to it," he said, taking my hand and leading me upstairs.

"Oh boy," I mumbled.

We went inside his room and I immediately went for his bed. That thing was like heaven. I sat crossed legged, leaning against the wall as he rifled through his closet. He came back out with a massive bag, making my eyes go wide. It was the size of those grey Macy's plastic bags.