✨ c h a p t e r e i g h t e e n ✨

Waking up in Roman's arms is probably the most perfect thing in the world. His arm rested right below my breasts, clutching me tightly. Our legs were tangled with each other's. Not to mention, he slept shirtless so I was able to sneakily touch his perfectly sculpted abs. I could tell he was awake without even opening my eyes. He kept adjusting his head, resting it next to mine, on top of my shoulder, the back of my neck. His fingers drew random patterns on my arm. He also left soft kisses on the back of my neck, my shoulder, my neck. It was absolutely impossible to fall back asleep when his lips were just so close.

"I know you're awake," his soft, velvety voice reached my ears. I smiled, my eyes still shut closed. "Wake up." I shook my head, turning around to face him. I dug my face into the crook of his neck, enjoying the feeling of his soft skin underneath my fingertips.

"You're comfortable," I murmured. I could literally feel him smile.

"I'm glad you're comfortable," he said, amusement laced with his voice.

"You guys better not be having sex up there," Tony interrupted. I groaned, Roman's chest vibrated against me as he chuckled. Anna, Asher, and Maggie had woken up earlier and left to do whatever they want. Tony stayed back so he could cockblock us.

"My room, my rules, Tony," Roman said while sending me a wink. I blushed, playfully glaring at him. I went to sit up but Roman's hold on me tightened, locking me into place.

"Respect the ears of your guests while you two fuck," Tony said.

Roman snorted, kissing my collarbone and making my breath hitch. "And you do when you fuck every single girl you can get your hands on?"

Tony's head popped up from the ground and he grinned. "Touché mate."

"Next time you can sleep in the basement," I told him. "Your snoring woke me up too many times last night."

"There's no basement," Roman added. I sent him a wink.

"Exactly." Tony eventually got up, claiming he was hungry and went to freshen up.

Roman left another chaste kiss on my jaw. "You're very cuddly this morning," I murmured to him.

"You're comfortable," he responded, using my own words against me.

"Glad you're enjoying it," I murmured. He winked at me in response, letting out a soft sigh.

Eventually we got up and ate brunch. Roman and I ditched the others a while afterwards. We walked together in silence, our hands intertwined as our feet led us to the pier

"How are you feeling?" he asked. We were underneath the pier, our feet soaked in the water. "On a scale of one to ten with ten being great."

"Seven point six," I murmured, looking at him. He stepped closer, placing his hands on my hips. My back hit the pillar.

"What's on your mind?" he asked, his voice low and deep. You. The kiss. Last night.

"Why are you helping me?" The words left my mouth before I could even register it.

"I care about you Abby, why would you even ask that?" he asked incredulously. A part of me wanted to take it back, but the other part told me to stay silent. "I've been with you the past couple of weeks and you're still questioning me?" I closed my eyes, sighing as I rested my head against the pillar."Fuck, Abbs."

"What Roman?" I asked, my voice as low as a whisper, opening my eyes to meet his blue orbs.

"When will you realize that I'm actually here to stay, huh? That I won't fucking leave you?" His voice was getting louder. "I'm trying to fucking help you Abigail. Why won't you fucking understand that?"

"Because I'm not used to this," I whispered. I rested my head in my hands, sighing deeply. I felt Roman's presence in front of me but made no move. "I'm not used to having someone who cares for me, Roman. You can't blame me for constantly thinking you guys will leave me."

"You know what I'm scared of?" he asked, a foreign emotion laced with his voice. I looked up at him, meeting his intense gaze. "Losing you." My mouth parted instinctively. He took a step closer, coming to stand right in front of me. "When I saw you jump...god Abbs, I was so scared." He caressed my cheek softly, gripping my waist with his other hand. "I didn't even know you but that didn't matter. I jumped after you because you didn't deserve to die like that. No one does. You're not going to die on my watch. I promise."

"What if–"

"There is no 'what if's,'" he interrupted. "I'm going to be here for you, regardless of what time of the day or where you are."

I stayed silent – a habit I had when I wanted to argue. I knew it would do me no good so I wrapped my arms around his waist for a hug. He crushed me to him, digging his face into the crook of my neck.

"You'll be okay," he whispered.

"I know," I lied.

A/N: anyone wanna be part of a socially woke group that I really wanna make or...?

stay strong loves xo