✨ c h a p t e r s e v e n t e e n ✨

"Who do you like?"

The one question that everyone hates being asked. The one question everyone shies away from. The one question that everyone makes up a bullshit lie for. The one question that can get you into deep shit.

And unfortunately, that question was directed at me.

So my obvious answer was, "No one."

"Bullshit," Asher and Tony both said. I rolled my eyes, ignoring them both. Roman was currently in the shower, giving the two boys enough time to attack their target.

I groaned aloud, letting my face collide onto the pillow next to me. "Leave me alone," I mumbled.

"Just say who and we'll leave you alone," Asher said, poking my thigh.

"Roman," I mumbled into the pillow, making it come out muffled.

"Oh man?" Tony asked teasingly.

"Roman," I hissed, clear enough for them to hear but low enough that Roman couldn't.

"Sorry, what was that Abbs?" Tony asked, cupping his ear. I threw the pillow at his face.

"I leave for ten minutes and you guys are already fighting?" Roman asked, stepping out of the bathroom with nothing but a pair of grey sweats hanging dangerously low on his hips.

I discreetly wiped my face in case any drool escaped while I stared (examined) his perfectly sculpted body.

"It was her fault," Tony said, pointing an accusing finger at me. I rolled my eyes, slapping his arm away. "You're just proving my point by hitting me." I stuck my tongue out at him in response instead of punching his shoulder.

"When are Maggie and Anna coming? I've had enough testosterone to last me three years," I said, ignoring how woodsy and musky Roman smelled as he crawled in next to me. His arms wrapped around me almost instinctively. There's not a moment in day when we aren't touching or holding each other. Just having that physical connection gave me solace.

"Getting tired of us already?" Asher asked, feigning hurt.

"Absolutely," I replied, sending him a cheeky smile.

"Well, maybe not all of us," Tony said, stressing 'all' as he gave Roman a pointed look. Without giving it a second thought, my foot went flying and kicked Tony off the bed in one swift move. He landed with an 'oof.' Asher and Roman burst out laughing while I bit my lower lip. Tony slowly rose, sending me a death glare.

"What did I ever do to you?" he asked, frowning as he crawled back into bed. I raised an eyebrow to which he simply rolled his eyes.

"You're so violent," Roman said, his lips dangerously close to my ear. I held down a shiver.

"I'm violent when necessary," I replied. Tony snorted; my hand twitched to smack the back of his head but I decided I've inflicted enough pain for today.

"We're home!" Maggie shouted, nearly knocking the door off his hinges. Her hair was now an ombre brown that definitely suited her. Anna pushed past her and jumped onto the bed; Maggie followed her not even a moment later. Luckily, Roman's bed was practically the same size as my whole room.

"What're we talking about?" Anna asked, resting her head on my legs.

"How Abby's violent," Asher answered, leaning against the wall.

"Abby? Violent?" Maggie asked. I smirked, looking at Roman. He rolled his eyes, a playful smile on his face.

"Abby is the queen of violence," Tony interjected. "She just pushed me onto the ground and flicked me endlessly!"

"Did you do or say something to her?" Anna asked him as if she was talking to a kindergartener.

"Well," Tony said sheepishly.

"Doesn't count," Maggie said. "Abby can be a straight up bitch if you push her though." I blushed.

"You guys will never let this go, will you?" I asked rhetorically. I was met with a chorus of "no's." "Great."

After lazily hanging around for the majority of the day, Asher concluded that we were all going to pull an all nighter while watching random movies. Everyone had to choose one and we'd watch it, regardless of whether one person doesn't want to or not.

Roman, Tony, and Asher grabbed two air mattresses and set them up in his room. Anna and Maggie slept in one while Tony and Asher slept in the other. I'm sure everyone, and anyone, could guess where I was sleeping.

Maggie picked Mean Girls. It was kind of scary how accurately Tony mouthed the words to the movie – even I couldn't do that. Tony chose The Exorcist. All of us had already seen it so we knew what to expect (but let's just pretend that I wasn't scared the whole time). By the time Asher's movie, Fast and Furious, came, Tony was knocked out. We decided to spare his face this time. Anna chose Pitch Perfect. By the time the movie was halfway over, Maggie and Asher fell asleep. Once Roman's movie, Forrest Gump, was put in, Anna was knocked out as well.

"And then there were two," he whispered, his lips brushing against my ear ever so gently. I hummed in response. Roman turned the TV off, letting the darkness blanket us. The only sound I could hear was Tony's incessant snoring and the crashing of the waves. Roman's fingers danced across the skin of my stomach before his warm hand clutched my waist. "Abigail."

"Roman," I whispered. It took a few moments before my eyes could adjust. I could see the outline of his face clearly. He removed his hand from my waist, coming to cup my cheek. His lips pressed against mine softly. It took every ounce of self control in me to not freak out or melt or fangirl. But just as quick as they were on mine, they were gone.

"Goodnight babygirl."

He fucking kissed me.

A/N: two updates in one day :)

it only took seventeen chapters for them to kiss nbd

i hope donald trump gets deported.

stay strong xo