✨ c h a p t e r s e v e n ✨

I was dressed in a strapless navy blue dress with a sweetheart neckline and two, thick sheer white stripes at the end of it. It stopped a couple inches above my knees, enough to hide the scars. I put on a white cardigan on top to cover my arms. Anna and Maggie decided to come over to get ready with me. They were trying to make me feel included, and honestly, it was working. I've definitely gotten closer to the both of them - much quicker than I could ever imagine. It was going to be hard to leave.
Maggie was wearing a sheer white and baby blue tunic with sandals that ended halfway up her thighs. Anna was wearing coral polka dot spaghetti strap dress. They both had their bikinis on underneath while I had my one piece. We decided to lay off the makeup considering we were gonna go into the water anyways.
Asher, Roman, and Tony met us at the Wright's. My uncle and aunt were already there, helping them with whatever they needed. The party had already begun by the time we reached. The Wright's house was massive. There was at least ten rooms inside the house, not including the kitchen, living room, and dining room or even bathrooms. I never understood why people enjoyed flaunting their homes, especially when there's only three members in their family; but, oh well.
"You have to see the pool," Maggie said, dragging me along with her as we made our way to the backyard.
"Wow," I said, staring at it. It was almost the perimeter of my house.
"Right?!" Maggie squealed. She immediately peeled off her dress, tossing it to the side. "Come on!" I chuckled, placing my things on one of the vacant pool chairs.
"I'll come later," I replied. She was about to protest but decided not to. I'm guessing she understood why. Anna, Tony, and Asher both jumped in after tossing their things to the side.
"Why aren't you coming?" Roman asked, taking a seat next to me on the pool chair.
"Not in the mood," I murmured. He nodded, leaning against the seat. "Why aren't you joining them?" He looked at me, just studying my face for a moment. His eyes flickered to someone or something behind me before he returned my gaze.
"Not in the mood," he mimicked. I rolled my eyes.
"Roman!" a high pitched voice (or squeal) exclaimed. I turned to look at who it was.
I could only conclude that this was Tiffany Wright. She looked more like a model with her perfect tan skin, perfect body, perfect rich, blonde hair, and perfect face. She was so perfect, she was almost fake. She was wearing a light pink and orange colored colorblock bikini that complimented her skin.
She made (strutted) her way over, wrapping her arms around Roman's neck as she stuck her butt out. I could see a couple of the guys, Tony included, staring at her.
"Hey Tiff," Roman said with a bit of strain in his tone.
"How are you?" she asked, pulling away as she stood up in front of him. She flipped her hair to the side, giving him a pearly white smile.
"Okay, you?" he asked, rubbing the back of his neck.
"Great!" she exclaimed. I sat there awkwardly, fiddling with my fingers. "What are you doing here sitting? Come get in the pool with me!" She grabbed his hand, nearly dragging him up and to the pool.
Not in the mood, my ass.
I stood up from my seat, stretching my arms a bit before stepping inside the house. I looked around, noticing how extravagant everything was. There was a massive crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling with several tiers.
"Why are you staring at the ceiling?" I ducked my head, flushing in embarrassment as I looked at Asher.
"Just admiring the chandelier," I murmured. He chuckled.
"Come to the pool, everyone was looking for you," he said. I bit my lower lip.
"I...guess," I trailed off. I let him lead me back to the pool.
Roman and Tiffany were nowhere to be seen - not that I cared or anything. Anna, Maggie, and Tony were enjoying themselves inside the massive pool. There were other people around enjoying their time; some eating, some talking, some dancing (or grinding). Once the trio spotted me, they quickly waved me over. Asher jumped inside while I stood at the edge.
"Come on Abigail," Tony said, "Don't be such a downer." I rolled my eyes, slightly hesitant. Anna and Maggie shot me apologetic looks and came over to me. I sat down on the edge, letting my feet sway in the water.
"Are you okay?" Anna asked. I was taken aback for a moment but nodded. I wasn't used to people caring.
"You look tired," Maggie commented as she hoisted herself up and sat next to me. Anna did the same, sitting on my other side.
"I'm always tired," I murmured. I watched Tony and Asher go towards a group of girls with fake tans and provocative bikinis. I looked away, slightly disgusted. How could men (or boys) get with any living, breathing girl and not feel attached to them? It baffled me - not that I knew what love was or anything.
"Are you guys hungry?" Anna asked. I shook my head while Maggie nodded. They both frowned at me.
"You didn't even eat breakfast," Maggie accused. I was about to argue, but I knew I didn't have a choice.
"I'll eat." The three of us headed towards the food table where they had an assortment of snacks.
"Hey." We turned to look at the person - Roman.
"Where have you been?" Maggie asked, grabbing some chips.
"Tiffany all but dragged me to her lair," he muttered, running his fingers through his messy hair. He snaked an arm past me, grabbing a plate.
"How was that?" Anna teased. Roman rolled his eyes.
"Torturous," he mumbled, glancing at me. I didn't realize I was staring at him and quickly ducked my head, grabbing the first thing in sight - celery sticks.
"Seriously Abby?" Maggie asked, bumping my hip. I smiled at her sheepishly and shrugged.
"Are you having fun?" Roman asked me while we made our way back towards the pool chairs.
"Yeah, I guess," I replied. "You?" He shrugged in response.
Asher and Tony joined us, occasionally stealing food from our plates when they thought we weren't paying attention. I found myself feeling happy. It was weird - foreign. It wasn't going to last very long either.

A/N: feedback is very much appreciated.
Just remember to always stay strong. You're worth it.