✨ c h a p t e r n i n e ✨

"Shh! You're gonna wake him up!" Maggie hissed. She had dyed her hair once again. It was a dark shade of red. I bit down on my lower lip from laughing out loud.

"Hold on! I need the camera!" Asher said, grabbing his phone. Anna took it from him, pulling out the camera to take a video.

We were inside Roman's fairly large room. It had dark blue, almost navy blue, and white walls. He had the perfect view of the beach from his large window. His bed was adjacent to the windows and across the flat screen TV on the wall. He had a bookshelf that held a bunch of trophies and awards. His room was fairly neat, a couple of throw pillows laying on the ground. He also had his own bathroom and a massive closet any girl would want.

Tony was sprawled across Roman's bed, wearing nothing but his boxers. His hair was disheveled and loud snores erupted from his nose. He even had a line of drool escaping from his lips and hitting Roman's pillow. Anna and Maggie giggled, taking out the sharpie markers.

"What do we draw?" Anna whispered.

"Penises, what else?" Maggie answered. The two giggled, going on either side of Tony's face.

"He's gonna throw such a fit," Roman murmured, standing behind me with his arms wrapped around my neck. His front was against my back. My heart was hammering inside my chest but I made no move to pull away. (I didn't want to).

Stop it. He doesn't like you. It's just a simple gesture.

"Your turn," Maggie said, turning to me. Roman's arms dropped, letting me go.

I took the sharpie, taking my turn to draw one on his forehead. Asher went ahead and drew a massive one right on his chest. Roman drew circles around his peck, making it look like he had boobs. We each took a turn and signed his body.

"Group picture!" Maggie whisper-screamed. Roman wrapped his arm around my shoulders, holding me to him. "Smile!" The moment she said that, Tony woke up, looking disgruntled and confused.

Click!

"What's going on?" he asked, his voice thick with slumber.

"Nothing really, just chilling," Asher said casually as we all quickly resumed our positions.

Tony yawned, stretching. "What time is it?" he asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Two in the afternoon," Maggie said.

He nodded in acknowledgement before widening his eyes to the size of saucers. "Shit!" he cursed, jumping out of bed. "I have a fuck date and I'm late!"

"Wouldn't be the first time," Roman chimed in. Tony chose to ignore him, throwing on a pair of shorts and a tank top.

"How do I look?" he asked, running his fingers through his hair. We all tried our best not to laugh.

"Like a stud," Anna said. He shot her a wink, grabbing his keys.

"See ya later," he said, leaving.

Once we heard the front door open and close shut, we all burst out laughing.

I couldn't help but feel happy and for once, I didn't feel guilty about it.

"Do you guys wanna grab a bite to eat?" Asher asked after a while. We had all migrated downstairs to Roman's living room. Roman and I sat on the single couch while Maggie, Anna, and Asher practically laid on top of each other on the loveseat. There were only two couches available. Roman had his arm wrapped around my shoulder and I was literally sitting on top of him. Not gonna lie, but I was really comfortable.

His house was fairly large. Like mine, it was a Nantucket style with white walls. There was around four rooms and three bathrooms. They all had white and blue walls, going along with the beach theme.

"Let's go to the diner!" Maggie chirped.

"I'll drive," Roman said.

We all grabbed our things and headed to the front door. It suddenly opened and a furious looking Tony stood in front of us. His face was smudged with sharpie but the penises they drew were still somewhat noticeable. Within seconds, we (not including Tony) were all laughing hysterically. "This isn't funny!" Tony yelled out in frustration, which only made us laugh even harder. He glared at us, but it was noticeable that he wasn't all that mad. Soon enough, he was laughing with us. "You're all a bunch of dic- bitches."

"Come on champ," Asher said, wrapping his arm around Tony's shoulder. "We'll make it up to you."

The six of us piled inside Maggie's car which was, luckily, big enough for us all. The ride there as filled with laughter and light teasing, mainly directed at Tony. We all headed inside the diner, taking our seats. Anna and Roman sat on either side of me with Tony, Asher, and Maggie on the opposite side. "You know what you want?" Roman asked me. I shook my head, looking up at him. His eyes bore into mine – his hypnotizing electric blue orbs. "Want me to order for you?" I nodded; he smiled.

"So what happened when you got to her house?" Asher asked Tony. He glared at us but it was obvious he was over it.

"She opened the door and, oh let me tell you, she was literally wearing a see through shirt and she had no pants and -" Toyn was cut off by Anna.

"We're asking for her reaction, not her outfit," she said, wrinkling her nose in disgust. He rolled his eyes.

"She was frozen for a moment before she slammed the door in my face. I had no clue what to do and she wouldn't open up so I went back into the car. That's when I saw my reflection," he said. We all laughed. I felt Roman's arm wrap around my waist, holding me to his side. I leaned into his touch almost automatically.

Staring at my group of friends in front of me made me realize how lucky I was to have them. I've never been able to experience this after my parents' death. Sitting here, right this moment, I felt truly blessed. Of course, there was still that small slither of fear of losing them.

A/N: please leave me feedback!

just know that my inbox will always be open if you ever need to vent or talk. I'm always here for each and every one of you. Stay strong loves.