✨ c h a p t e r t w e n t y o n e ✨

The party was in full swing. The house was completely packed to the point that people were lingering outside. No one had called the cops yet despite the massive amount of noise we were making. Two, familiar arms wrapped around my waist; one pair of lips leaving chaste kisses on my neck.

"Babygirl," Roman murmured. I could smell the alcohol in his breath but it was mixed in with his woodsy scent.

"Roman," I murmured, tilting my head back. He pressed his lips against mine multiple times, making me giggle. I felt giddy. Almost as if there was nothing in the world that could bring me down – almost.

"Roman!" the familiar, high-pitched squeal called. His arms instinctively held me tighter as he groaned in my ear. I could only chuckle at his "enthusiasm."

Tiffany was wearing the skimpiest, bright pink dress you could only find at a hooker store. Her boobs were practically falling out of her chest and her ass was barely covered.

"Hey Tiff," he said, clutching me closer. She barely acknowledged me – as always.

"You look absolutely sexy," she purred. She didn't even hide the fact that she was checking him out. Her eyes practically undressed him. It was absolutely irritating to watch.

Great, now I'm the typical, jealous girlfriend. Not that I'm his girlfriend or anything...

"Thanks, my girl loves this outfit," he said, squeezing me. "Right babe?" Tiffany's jaw dropped in surprise before her eyes narrowed at me. She sneered at me in disgust.

I didn't even think twice before answering with, "Absolutely babe." He winked at me, kissing my jaw which only made Tiffany seethe.

"We'll see you around Tiff, enjoy the party," Roman said, hoisting me away to our group of friends.

"You guys are on 'babe' terms, huh?" Maggie asked, smirking. I rolled my eyes, smiling at her while I leaned against his arm.

"Yeah, you could say that," Roman answered, kissing my cheek.

"That's enough PDA," Asher said, wrinkling his nose. "There's rooms upstairs. Go use one."

"Don't mind if we do," Roman replied, lifting me off my feet as I squealed. Our friends hooted and hollered as I dug my face into the crook of his neck. His chest rumbled as he laughed.

"Ass," I muttered. He squeezed my ass, carrying me to the kitchen. He set me down on the counter as he grabbed two glasses.

"How are you feeling?" he asked, resting a hand on my thigh. He handed me a cup of water. I took a few sips before answering him.

"Honestly?" I asked, looking up at him. He nodded, urging me. "Happy." A grin broke out on his lips.

"Yeah?" he asked, stepping in between my feet. His hands wrapped around my back. I tilted my head up, wrapping my arms around his neck. He kissed my lips gently, taking his time. "Good." He left butterfly kisses all over my face making me giggle.

"Romey!" We both groaned then chuckled.

"What Tiff?" Roman asked, leaving his eyes on me.

"I have a birthday gift for you upstairs," she purred.

"I don't need anything from you," he retorted, resting his forehead on mine.

"You weren't saying that last summer," she said. I froze in his arms. He cursed under his breath.

"That was last summer Tiff, let it go." His voice was low; you could hear the regret in it. I couldn't meet his eyes. I didn't know what to quite do either.