✨ c h a p t e r s i x t e e n ✨

My grandmother eventually left without so much as a goodbye – not that I cared. Roman and I stayed in my room for the rest of the day. He was still there when I woke up the morning after. He left shortly after, telling me he wanted to freshen up. He came back a little more than an hour afterwards. The two of us spent the majority of our time in my room. I avoided the subject of what happened or what caused it. He didn't question me but I guess one of the girls must have told him.

We were currently watching a random movie on my laptop while spooning. His arm rested on my stomach as he propped his head up with his other hand. His fingers would dance on top of my stomach, making me squirm. He would let out a small chuckle before going back to watching the movie. I had my eyes on the screen but I wasn't paying any attention.

"Penny for your thoughts?" his soft voice broke me from my thoughts. I glanced at the screen, watching the credits roll up.

"It was nothing," I murmured, adjusting myself into a more comfortable position. His arm tightened around my stomach, pulling me to him.

"Are you feeling okay?"

I nodded. "Just tired."

"You're always tired."

"Well it's a symptom," I whispered. He breathed out through his nose, pressing me closer to his chest. His lips pressed against my bare shoulder. I left my arms bare and went as far as to wear shorts and a loose tank top. I didn't feel like covering myself, mainly because it was over one hundred degrees in my room.

"Do you want to stay with me?"

The question threw me off. It took me a moment to register his words. "You mean, with you? In your house?" He nodded against my shoulder. "Why?"

"It'll give you a new place to wake up to. I'd offer to take you somewhere but I'm sure your uncle would murder me. Besides, you're not too far from my house." The hand that rested on my stomach reached over to clasp mine. His thumb stroked my knuckles.

"When should I come over?"

Convincing my aunt wasn't as hard as I thought. She was a bit skeptical but let me go anyways when Roman said that he's inviting the rest of our friends. She told us she'd talk to Uncle Ben as well so I could avoid him. I packed my duffel bag with enough clothes to last me a couple of days. We walked to his house in silence while holding hands. He had my duffel bag thrown around his shoulder despite the numerous times I told him not to. He simply tugged on my arm, throwing me a knee-weakening smile as he led me to his home.

It was empty when we arrived. There was no trace of anyone being here. Everything was completely neat and tidy. It would be very stereotypical of me to assume it would have resembled something of a pigsty but Roman was able to overcome it. He led me up the familiar set of stairs into his room. It, too, was just as neat. There was nothing out of order. He set my bag down on the side and suddenly I was very aware of the fact that we were alone in his house. My heart pace quickened almost immediately as the thought struck me.

I cleared my throat before asking, "Where am I sleeping?"

"In here," he replied casually, motioning for me to come sit (well, lie down) next to him. My legs seemed to have a mind of it's own as I suddenly found myself wrapped in his arms. "Where will you be sleeping?" I asked.

"In here," he repeated. Of course. "Are you scared I'm going to tickle you awake every morning?" I couldn't help the smile that spread.

"How'd you know?" I asked, my fingers tracing the outline of his shirt.

"I'm psychic." I chuckled softly, looking up at him.

His eyes were much lighter, almost greyish blue. His tongue swiped across his bottom lip before disappearing almost as instant as it came.

"Abigail," he murmured, adjusting his head closer to mine.

"Hm?" I wasn't able to form a coherent response as my heart hammered at the sudden proximity.

His hand traveled from my back and rested on my waist. His fingers slipped underneath my top, warmth spreading almost immediately. His fingers were warm but sent electric jolts through my body. Suddenly, they began moving quickly, attacking me in all the right places.

"Roman!" I screamed, while I pushed his hands back. He laughed wholeheartedly, ignoring my futile protests as he tickled me to the point I had tears streaming down my face.

"Say you want me and I'll stop," he said, continuing to torture me.

"I-I c-can't!" I said while giggling. "Roman!" He chuckled, amusement dancing in his eyes. "I-I'm gonna pee!"

"Say it babygirl," he said, moving his fingers quickly.

"I-I want y-you Roman!" I said through my laughter. He grinned successfully, staring down at me. I glared at him playfully. "I hate you." He chuckled.

"No you don't, you want me," he retorted.

"Only because you forced me to say it." He raised an eyebrow, daring me.

"Is that so?" His hand inched closer to my waist.

"No!" I grabbed his hand before they could come any closer. "I totally want you!" He chuckled, leaning forward as if he was about to kiss me. He froze a mere inch away from my face.

My breath caught in my throat as the realization of what was about to happen hit me. His eyes searched mine for an answer. He inched closer, my eyes fluttering shut as I felt his lips graze against mine.

"Boo!"

Both of us jolted apart instantly, Roman accidentally knocking his head against the wall.

"Fuck," he cursed, rubbing the back of his head while I blushed furiously.

"Oops, looks like we just ruined something," Tony said without a care in the world.

He waltzed in and scooted into bed with us. Asher immediately followed and sat at the edge of the bed. I was sandwiched in between all three of them.

"So," Tony said, dragging the syllable. "Whatcha doing?"

"Eating chocolate," Asher replied.

"Where'd you get it?" Tony asked.

"A doggie dropped it." The two goofballs burst out laughing as if it was the funniest thing in the world. Meanwhile, I snuck a glance at Roman who was staring directly at me. I swallowed inaudibly.

"I'm gonna, uh, shower," I mumbled, sitting up.

"You showered this morning," Roman said. Curses.

"I need another one, I practically peed myself." He chuckled.

"Let me get you a towel."

"No sex in the shower you two," Tony said, imitating an old man. I blushed while Roman whacked the back of his head.

Roman held my hand while I held my clothes in the other, leading me into the guest room where there was a connected bathroom. He fished through the closet and handed me a clean towel.

"Let me know if you need anything else," he murmured. Perhaps that kiss?

"Sure." He smiled, pausing before leaning forward and kissing my cheek. Close enough.

"We're not finished," he whispered, giving my bum a soft tap before disappearing out of the room.

I swear I almost died.

A/N: it really pisses me off how people treat feminism as a joke. It's a serious issue. And no, feminism is not just for women, it includes men as well. People are so judgmental and idiotic; it's very appalling.

stay strong xo