✨ c h a p t e r t w e n t y t w o ✨

I woke up groggily, getting off the bathroom floor. I felt utterly disgusted in myself. I felt weak and tired. My body wasn't functioning properly and I felt as if I had been hit by a train. I got up from the floor and washed my face and re-brushed my teeth to get rid of any trace of vomit left.

Last night I had woken up with an upset stomach and puked up everything I had eaten that day. I wanted nothing more than to just to go back to sleep. And that's exactly what I was going to do after I took a bath. I turned the water on and adjusted the heat before adding in the bath salts. I grabbed my phone from my room and turned on some music before stripping my clothes. I slipped inside, letting the warm water soothe my body. I made a pillow using some of the towels and rested my head against it. I try to lose myself in the music but the pounding headache that seemed to slowly creep in was making it difficult. The song got cut off and the familiar ring of my ringtone began playing. I wiped my hands on the towels before grabbing and answering the phone.

"Hello?"

"Baby," Roman said through the other line. "You okay?"

"No," I mumbled, resting my head on the towel-pillow.

"I'm just getting off of work babe, I'll come over. Okay?"

"M'kay."

Within seconds, I was fast asleep.

When I woke up, I was laying in bed wearing an unfamiliar oversized shirt. A scent filled my nose and I immediately recognized it. I blushed at the realization of how I got into this. I rubbed my forehead, slowly getting out of bed. I stopped momentarily, trying to stop the dizzy sensation as my head pounded. I trudged over to my closet, changing into my own clothes. I left his shirt in my closet. I wasn't necessarily stealing it, just borrowing it without asking him. I mean that's probably some rule in the dating rulebook – give your girlfriend your clothes.

I made my way downstairs, glancing to the handsome brunette I'm in love with, sitting on the couch with my uncle. My neck almost broke off my head as I whipped my head back to look at the sight in front of me. They were both intently watching the TV – a rerun of some football game – completely oblivious to me.

"Surprised?" Aunt Leah asked, stepping out from the kitchen. I nodded my head slowly before waving the matter.

"I'm too sick to ask why," I mumbled, making my way into the kitchen.

She frowned, coming to my side as she felt my forehead. "You're warm baby, let me make you some tea." I smiled at her gratefully before sitting down on the stool, resting my head on the cold, granite tabletop. It contrasted against my steaming forehead; the coldness soothed me.

A hand rubbed my lower back; it didn't take a genius to figure out who it was.

"How are you feeling baby?" he murmured, pushing away my flyaway hairs from my face. I grumbled in response. He chuckled, taking a seat next to me. He kept rubbing my back, occasionally pressing his lips against my forehead.

"Here Abby, drink this," my aunt said, handing me a steaming hot cup of tea. I wrinkled my nose. I was more of a coffee person. "Just like your mother." I smiled at her, taking a small sip of the tea. It managed to unclog my stuffy nose, making my airways clear. After finishing the cup of tea, Roman excused us both.

"I don't want to get you sick," I said, trying to push him out of my room. It was like trying to push a brick wall; he wouldn't budge. He held my wrists, tugging me along with him. I sighed defeatedly and crawled into bed.

"Sleep baby," he murmured, stroking my back gently.

"You saw me naked," I mumbled, realizing how I woke up. He chuckled, his thumb stroking my arm lightly. I don't know why but knowing he saw me naked didn't make me feel embarrassed or even shy.

"You nearly drowned yourself sleeping in the tub Abbs, how else was I going to put you to bed?" he asked rhetorically. I shrugged the matter off, too weak to chastise or argue with him.

"Go home Roman," I murmured, cuddling into his chest.

"Go sleep Abigail," he retorted. I rolled my eyes, enjoying the feeling of his breath against my cheek.

"So you and my uncle, huh?"

He chuckled. "You make it sound like we hooked up or something."

"Your words not mine."

He pinched my thigh gently, making me swat his arm. "We talked." He paused for a moment, running his fingers through my hair. "I cleared everything up and he's okay with me now, well, to some extent."

I smiled, resting my head on his chest. "So he's okay with us?"

"I'm sure even if he wasn't, you would make sure he doesn't have a say in it." I rolled my eyes, letting out a deep breath. He stroked my head, gently brushing my hair with his fingers. "Go sleep baby. I'll stay with you tonight."

"No," I mumbled, feeling my eyelids begin to droop. "You need to go home and sleep. Don't get sick." He shushed me softly, running his fingers through my hair soothingly.

Within seconds, I was passed out in the arms of my boyfriend.

A/N: If you haven't seen the Zendaya Barbie doll, you NEED to. It's an amazing representation of the PoC family and I can't be even more happy.

stay strong xo

Saved MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara