✨ c h a p t e r t w e n t y ✨

I managed to convince Roman to take me back to my place. He wanted to go to his place to hang out but I gave him the excuse that I had to put my bags away. No one was home when we arrived. We went upstairs into my room. I had to think of ways to keep him here until seven, which was only two hours away.

Roman sat on my bed, grabbing my pillow. I felt his eyes on me as I put my things away.

What the hell are we supposed to do for two hours?

"Why are you staring at the floor so intently?" Roman asked, a smirk on his lips. I blushed a little, running my fingers through my hair.

"Do you want something to eat or drink?" I asked. He raised an eyebrow.

"We just ate."

"Right."

I'm such an idiot.

"Something wrong?" Roman asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"No, not at all."

Roman held his arms out, beckoning me forward. I stepped in between his legs, letting him wrap his arms around my waist. He rested his cheek against my stomach, closing his eyes. My fingers ran through his hair, enjoying how soft it was. "My mom asked about you," he murmured, breaking the silence. I froze. "She wants you to come over for dinner next week."

"She does?" He nodded against my stomach, his eyes still closed. "Do you?"

He didn't say anything for a moment and I almost took back my words. He lifted his head, opening his eyes. I almost got lost in his blue orbs that seemed to take my breath away. "I do."

"When and where?" I asked, sounding breathless.

"She's no cook so, unless you want burnt chicken, I'm sure we'll eat out." I chuckled, stroking his cheekbone with my thumb. "I'll let you know when."

"Sounds like a date." The words were out of my mouth before I could register it. I blushed immediately when Roman arched his eyebrow, a smirk playing on his lips. "Not like that!"
"It's too late to take it back now," Roman teased, giving my bum a squeeze. I slapped his arm, blushing and pulling away.

He immediately grabbed my hand. I raised my eyebrow at him but he simply tugged my arm, bringing back to him. His hands cupped the back of my thighs, sending shivers through my body. "What are you hiding from me?"
I nearly blurted out the surprise party but caught myself.

"Nothing," I replied. He narrowed his eyes.

"You may have fooled the guys at the mall, but you're not fooling me," he said, gently digging his fingers into my thighs.

"I have no clue what you're talking about." I was honestly surprised at how calmly I was speaking. If it was a different topic, I probably would have blurted the answer out. He shook his head at me as a parent would when catching their child trying to sneak a cookie.

"I'll figure it out," he promised. I chuckled, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I'm sure you will."

His thumb stroked my thighs as he looked up at me. "You know something?" he asked. "You seem happier than when I first met you."

"I blame you for that," I murmured. He smiled genuinely, pulling me in closer for a hug.

"I'm never going to regret that." Me neither.

My phone rang, breaking us apart. That must be Maggie.

"Hey," I said into the phone.

"You can bring him now," Maggie said in a hushed whisper. "Act frantic."