5 **

I was forced to spend about a week in bed before Rosie and Catherine deemed I was fit enough to work. Although, I thought and felt better by the third day. I had never considered how my thoughtlessness and stubbornness would affect my body and immune system. All the rest had me feeling like a renewed person and due to all the lounging in my room, I had gained easily a few more kilograms. I wasn’t going to complain because I knew I needed much more weight to be strong enough to go up against eons stronger vampires. I was a measly human and I knew that trying to kill three vampires was a stupid task, but I made an oath and I will do it, or die trying.

I was not going to give up ever and just by resting and eating more regularly, I had felt suddenly stronger. I hopped out of my bed, made it up and tidied the room before Catherine would walk in to take out my clothing. The second before she I entered, I had opened up the water in the shower on full. I heard her tinkling laugh. “Livvy! I know what you are trying to do, but my mother won’t allow it!” she called through the door then added a kind laugh.

I felt myself blush, before I answered. “What do you mean?” I called innocently.

“Oh yes! Pretend to be innocent!” she teased.

“But I am!” I protested. I grabbed the soap and scrubbed myself until my skin was red before I left the bathroom wrapped up in a thick black towel. I walked back into my room to find Catherine sitting on my neatened bed with her arms crossed over her chest. I gave her a kind smile.

“Morning Miss Catherine,” I said sweetly.

She glared at me. “No calling me miss,” she said offended.  I gave a weak nodded, before she broke out into a big smile. “Got you!” she yelled.

I took a timid step back. “Livvy, don’t fear me. I am sorry, it is just that I have never really had a girlfriend before and I was hoping we could be friends.” She gave me an apologetic smile. I understood where she was coming from, having been denied friends of any kind for the last three years.

I sighed and she threw me clothes to put on.

 I thought back to the time in the last week when Alex had sent Catherine and Rosie to buy me a magazine and to choose all the type of clothing I would like. I didn’t know what to pick so we all spent one morning –to a vampire, and evening to every other person living. I was now on a vampire schedule –sitting on my bed and choosing and picking anything they thought I would look good in. The next morning, I found my room crowded with the latest fashionable clothing that I said I liked, plus a few eighteenth century styled dresses. Befuddled, I waited impatiently until Catherine walked into my room with a broad grin. “Hi, why’re you so happy?” I questioned, temporarily forgetting all the shopping bags that littered my floor.

“Master has given me the chance to go do my own shopping!” she squeaked. I smiled, not realizing how much of a controlling man Alec was.

“So, on the note of shopping, would you kindly explain why my room is filled with bags?” I asked her softly.

She winked at me and walked over to a small dresser place beside a small standing mirror, she grabbed something flat of the table before sitting next to me and handing me it.

I looked down at my hand and noticed a note of some kind.

Livvy

I hope you feel better and that this note finds you in a healthier position than I last saw you.

Work keeps me away from checking up on you.

I hope you like the clothing I sent you.