15**

I woke up and started packing my clothes. I had to get out of here. My parents kind of told me that they would prefer me to in Alexander’s care and that is where I will go.

If he will accept me, I thought miserably.

However, I couldn’t leave at that moment. I had too many things to do. I cleaned the house out, baked a thank you pie for Aunt Camille and then headed straight to work. However, as I took the last bend to my street, a guy ran straight at me and knocked me into a moving van. The door quickly shut behind us.

At first, darkness surrounded me and then when my eyes adjusted, I would have let out an ear-splitting scream, if the hand hadn’t covered my mouth. “Shh, calm down, Liv,” Sebastian told me.

I shook my head.

“Will you be quiet if I remove my hand?” he asked me softly.

I nodded to show that I will acquiesce to his request.

Slowly, he moved his hand away and I hugged him to me. He wrapped his arms around me and held me close to his body. For the time being, I just savored the feeling and let myself enjoy it. I didn’t know where I stood with him and I didn’t know if he was mad or glad.

“Damn it Liv, do you know how worried everyone is about you?” he asked me earnestly.

I gave a rueful smile. “I didn’t think anyone would miss me,” I admitted softly.

He hugged me tighter and let me go. “Liv, how could you think that? They all love and miss you!”

I smiled at him, knowing that there was at least one person who was happy that I left. “I am sorry,” I apologized.

He wrapped an arm around me and then pulled me close. For the first time in a few months, I felt better. Whole. Happy.

“Come,” he said and motioned for me to get out. We were at some fancy hotel with gleaming marble floors, ever smiling attendants and lots of bellboys. All in all, it was an expensive hotel. Sebastian walked with me right through up until the elevator and in it until we reached the pent house suite.  He opened the door for me and motioned me in. Taking deep breaths, I walked in and only felt better when I saw Sebastian behind me.

“She’s here,” he said calmly before walking out and shutting the door behind him.

For some ominous reason, I felt as if he had just sealed my fate, as if he told me that I was meeting certain Death right then. But then, in a blink of an eye, I was being crushed to death by a super tight hug.

“You’re killing me,” I managed to choke out.

“I am sorry,” a familiar voice said as he pulled back and looked at my face. The dark blue eyes had purple bruises underneath; the usually neatly brushed hair was an array of untidily styled spikes that somehow managed to look good. Alexander Antonio Sandrigo, the vampire King, the neat one, looked like a college student that forgot what the word ‘sleep’ meant.

I stepped back and pulled away from the hypnotic blue eyes that were making feel things that I didn’t want to feel.

“Livvy, please,” he said in a broken tone. I looked up at him and found him with one look that I never thought I would see on his cocky and confident face –hurt. “I am sorry.”

I took a few steps back. I couldn’t deal with this right now. He took a step forward and I held my hand out. “Please don’t,” I said.

“Why did you run away?” he asked me.

I looked at the floor and ignored him. I couldn’t think of an answer, well, I could. But is honesty the way to go?

“Olivia, please talk to me? I have missed you.”