8**

Cathy knocked on my door, but just before she said anything I answered her unspoken question. “I’m up, Cathy!” I yelled so that she would not have to enter. With a laugh I got out of bed and ambled drowsily to my bathroom.

For the last eight years, Cathy has been waking me up every single morning despite her buying me an alarm and me having the desire to look after the rosebushes that suddenly sprouted the summer of my tenth birthday.

 The very roses that were dead for a hundred years sprung to life in my care. Many said that this was a vital sign to their vampiric King and his world. The roses that were brought to life was supposed to be a sign that the King had found his queen, but so far Alexander has not proposed to any vampire.

I still remember when I found out that Alexander, the vampire that saved me when I was a little, innocent girl, was the king. I was literally a lost soul with not much to my name or to my existence, but I knew my cause. My cause is revenge. But that is all in the past, now I am nearly eighteen years old, I live in the vampire King’s home and his servants are the only family I have.

The day I found out, was a few days after my thirteenth birthday. I woke up and found a handsome dark haired, green eyed man sitting in my breakfast chair. I would have politely asked him to get off, but then he turned around and faced me with a gentle smile. “Good morning young lady,” he greeted me softly.

I was shocked. I nearly yelled for someone to help me, because I knew he was a vampire and he might think of me as his breakfast. “Relax, I am not here to hurt you,” he said kindly.

I was still standing in my place from when I first saw him. “Uhh, hi, I’m Ol –” I started but he cut me off.

“I know, I know. Rosie told me all about you,” he said with a smile. I gulped and stepped back. This was a stranger and he knew about me. “You’re Olivia, but you don’t like to be called that. You prefer Liv or Livvy, although my royal brother is the only one that calls you Liv,” he said still smiling.

Brother? He was Alexander’s brother? I never knew Alexander had a brother.

He chuckled. “Yes, I am his younger brother,” he smiled.

“Did I say that out loud?” I choked out, definitely afraid.

He waved a hand dismissively. “Yes, but it is no big deal. I know he may be a harsh one, considering he is king and all, but he does have a brother.” He spoke with ease and grace almost carelessly words poured from his mouth.

“King?” I asked confused. “I didn’t know.”

“And you weren’t supposed to know!” I heard Alexander growl behind me. I turned and saw his fury written on his face, but I also saw the tall, leggy red head on his arm. Disgust ran through me. He was a king and he never bothered to tell me? 

His brother stood up and looked at him with a smirk. “Why not, brother? Why wasn’t she supposed to know? Anyway, good to see you,” he smiled and took the red head from Alexander’s arm and escorted her out. That left Alex and I alone. I turned around and sat in my place as Rosie came out with my bowl of fruit salad.

“Thank you,” I said softly and started eating quietly. Alex stood there, frozen until his brother walked in.

“Ah, was I in your seat?” he asked.

I smiled and shook my head. “No, sir,” I said and looked back at my food, gulping it down as fast as I could.

“If you say so, sweetheart, anyway, my name is Sebastian Sandrigo. And I apologize for taking your seat,” he smiled and sat opposite me.