32**

“And now ladies and gentlemen, please allow the King and Queen to grace the dance floor for the final dance of the evening!” someone yelled near the live band playing.

I looked at Alex, who seemed to have a perpetual smile on his face, enlightening his angular face making him seem that much younger. “Would you honour me by allowing me to have this last dance, Mrs Sandrigo?” Alex beamed at me.

I looked down at beaded dress and nodded shyly. Hearing him call me by his surname, was a shock and I was certain I would never be able to get used to it. “Yes, my King,” I smirked at him. “It would be my honour.”

He stretched his hand out and I placed my own in it. When he clutched it tightly, he pulled me up causing me to stumble into his chest. The crowd around us all called out, “Aww,” and it just made me all the more shy, but I was almost certain he did it for that effect alone. Gently, he led me away to the centre and he wrapped his hand around my waist. Soon after the music began playing and we glided around the floor.

The third time he spun me, I found that Sebastian and Cathy, joined us. After their first spin, Robert and Rosie joined us on the dance floor. Minutes later, everyone present joined in on the dance and it went on for nearly thirty minutes. However, at that time, I barely noticed who danced and who shied away in the shadows.

I was too enarmoured in my husband’s arms. Magic was swathed around us. The lights dimmed enough in the room that it gave the air a romantic feel as I spun and glided across the floor as Alex led me in circles from one wall to the other wall. I laughed and giggled as his hands travelled all around uncharted places on my body. “Alex!” I scolded with a laugh, but he just winked at me. “Alex! Lift your hands and place them somewhere other than my butt!”

He chuckled, but got cheekier and slid his hands right down to the dip of my back and spread his fingers over the top of my butt. “Is this better, love?” he mocked as he leaned down and whispered it in my ear.

I tilted my head and lightly bit on his lower lip. “No, that is the best,” I smirked and then took a small step back.

He pulled back and grinned at me. “Now, you are just playing with fire,” he smirked and kissed my temple.

I growled lowly and stopped to look up at him. “Cool, that is something I have always wanted to do,” I said smirking.

“Baby, don’t blame me when you burn,” he said and pulled me back into the dancing stance and continued swirling me around. 

I rolled my eyes at him and moved to his rhythm. After a few minutes, I stepped closer to him and leaned my head on his chest and danced with him. For the first time in my life, I felt as if all my dreams and prayers were answered. I knew that not having my parents with me would be something that would never truly leave me. I would be an orphan for the rest of my existence, but I was never going to be alone again. In fact, I was never truly ever alone since meeting Luigi. Luigi was the blessing in disguise in my life. He taught me the basics of life as a little broken girl. He taught me to spot a vampire, he taught to me to remain neutral around them, he taught me to keep my heart beat calm around them. But most of all, Luigi was the only man to believe me when I said that vampires exist. He did not mock me, he did not laugh at me and most of all, and he loved me even when I didn’t want it. He persisted and made me not give up on love. Luigi and his family deserved to be at my wedding. It was through them that I managed to be next to Alex. It was because of them that I managed to meet the Prince to my very own fairy-tale.

“Alex,” I whispered, as I came back to reality.

He looked down at me with pure love shining from his eyes. “Yes, love?”