18**

Alex's POV

I had just made the worst promise in the world to Olivia. I promised her that I would never bother her again, but how can I promise that when I am still drawn to her nine years later? I am still attracted to her inner beauty like a moth to a flame.

Up until now, I still cannot truly tell anyone why and how she is still in my home. There is no one reason that she stays here, there are a million little ones. Olivia Maria Montgomery is one girl with a thousand hidden layers to her.

She is the most complex human, yet also the simplest. She is difficult to understand, her emotions run deep, her loyalty is true, but she asks nothing materialistic. She is unlike any other woman, vampire or human.

I sighed deeply as I walked into my room. Even my room smelt like her with her spending just a few minutes in it. I switched the CD player on and soon my calming music started playing as I poured myself some Brandy.

I sank into the plush couch I had in my room as I gulped down my fourth glass of Brandy. The conversation we just had was going through my head and while I know that she edited a lot of what she said to me, I was reading her mind.

I caught her confusion, her distress and her tumultuous emotions. Olivia was craving love. She wanted the sort of love that she could never receive because of me. Because of my own selfishness. Because I couldn't understand why I couldn't let her go.

Olivia has suffered so much because of me, because I behaved like a spoiled teenager. She lost her first kiss to me, because I stole it from her without any consideration for her. Now, thinking back on everything that she has gone through in my house that was harsh or hard on her was because of me. I had forced her to train with Henry. I was the one who caused her to have broken bones and scrapes and injuries and sore spots because Henry is one of the most brutal people there are in the world.

Year after year, she stayed and obeyed the rules of the house, but never have I ever shown her appreciation or affection. She never questioned, never demanded. She took what was given to her without a complaint and once again I was being selfish and thinking of myself.

Her first kiss! I took her first kiss and her second one. I never thought how she would perceive it. In so many ways, she was naïve and innocent. Forcing her to stay inside has only made her become weak. Perhaps, I should let her go.

I snorted. I would never do that. I could never do that. In the few months that she ran away, I turned ballistic and animalistic. I had the uncontrollable urge to go on a killing spree, however, I had more pressing concerns. One of those concerns was of course the havoc created by some rowdy and attention seeking vampires and the other, was obviously finding Olivia safe and sound.

 "Alex?" Antoine called, breaking me out of my pitying thoughts.

I looked up and motioned him in. "Yes?" I said in a dead tone.

He stepped in and after followed Vasya. "We would actually like to talk to you," he continued as they stood in front of me.

I motioned for them to sit in the unused chairs. "Well, Olivia isn't happy. I get these strong feelings from her at times and I can't really describe it." Vasya was frustrated by this, which clearly alarmed me. Vasya was not well known, but those that knew him, knew that he had this uncanny precision for a person and their intentions.

"What do you mean?" I asked him, interested.

He ran his hands through his hair. "Honestly, Antoine and I can see her purity, her innocence. There is something that lies deeper in her that is more pure than anything this world has seen in five thousand years. Her soul is literally made from the purest essence." Vasya began to explain his deeper meanings and explanations based on the feelings he got from her. "However, she is mortal and that soul will either die out with her or be place into another body, whether five years from her death or a million years later. And what I say next, I don't want you to take offense, okay?" he asked me wanting an honest answer.