20**

It was a couple of hours later when Vasya returned. At first, I was furious that he had returned with Alex in tow and Antoine missing. I picked up the nearest object to me —which happened to be an old book —and flung it at Alex's head. Luckily, he caught it and shot me a murderous glance.

"What the hell, Vasya?" I questioned and looked at him with a pure rage burning in my eyes, while my voice was controlled.

He held his hands up in surrender. "We need to answer some things. And Alex is going to be doing some explaining to you," he said and gestured for Alex to sit.

I frowned, noticing that the bed I sat on was the only place to sit. With a deep sigh, I moved my feet so that they both could sit at the foot end and not bother me. They both shot me equally dirty looks, but sat down nonetheless without much complaint.  

Alex was closer, with him sitting halfway in the middle of the small bed and Vasya at the end. I held in snarky comments and retorts. "Well?" I said after a prolonged silence.

My patience was wearing thin considering I had very little sleep and the fact that I hadn't been sleeping well. Alex ran a hand through his hair and looked at me with his blue eyes. "The thing is that I can't really talk about this," he said uncomfortably.

I looked at Vasya with an irritable look, warning him that I wasn't too happy. At my glare, he hit Alex on the shoulder. "Alex," he hissed. "You promised!"

I scoffed. "Yeah, well, it means nothing really," I said drily. "But anyway, I have something to ask you Alex."

He nodded and motioned for me to continue. "Why on earth did you get so angry when you found my note?" I folded my arms across my chest and glared at him.

He turned his face away from me and then spoke. "What the hell was I supposed to think? You left an impersonal note and ran off."

I got angry at that and my voice came out even calmer than ever. I guess Henry's tips had sunk in after all. "I said I did not run away. I just needed a few days until your temper tantrum was over."

His head whipped around and he twisted around so that his whole body was practically leaning over me. "Temper tantrum?" he whispered chillingly against my ear. "What makes you say that?"

I kept quiet and waited for him to get away from me, only when he did, I spoke. "You walked in the mansion giggling and laughing with that redhead. Then in the next second you started screeching like a girl on her period that hurt her foot. You came ahead and yelled at me like everything was my fault. As if I was the reason you sat with such a great mess on your shoulders. I told you so many times that I wanted to leave, but it was your obstinacy that refused me the only thing I wanted." I wiped my eyes as angry tears rolled down my face. I took a deep breath and looked at him in the eye.

"You should have just let me go," I whispered.

He looked at me with blazing eyes. "I said no."

I turned away from him and stared at the empty wall. I was beyond angry now. I was no longer a child. Rightfully I could move out, but I made a promise to my parents and him. I was bound by my word and there was no way I could break it. "Liv," he whispered softly.

I ignored him.

"Olivia, I am not going to go without explaining everything to you," he said quietly. I snorted —earlier he said it was difficult to talk about and now he was so ready to talk? He must be bipolar. Whatever the case, he wasn't my responsibility. It was the redhead's responsibility.

Internally, I frowned. I had just realized my jealousy was sparked because I was in love with him, but did it need to be so all-consuming? Was jealousy as bad as all books claimed? Was it truly such a green monster —or was that envy? In any case, I needed to get it under control because I had a sinking feeling that whatever he told me as we sat there was not going to be pleasant.