17**

There was a frantic knocking on my door, but instead of answering it, I ignored it and covered my head with a pillow. "Livvy, open this damn door before I knock it down," Alex threatened me.

"Go away!" I groaned.  Suddenly, I heard my door creak and then Alex's laughter float softly through my room.

"Come on, don't be such a spoilsport." His voice was nearer now and it was more teasing. However, it was still early and even though I didn't want to return, I was enjoying my bed way too much to leave it. Beside me, I felt my bed dip as he sat down on it. Then the next thing I felt was my pillow being pulled out of my grasp.

"Livvy," he called in a sing song voice.

I twisted over so I didn't have to see his face. "Go away," I mumbled.

He laughed and then laid down next to me, wrapping his arms around my body. With super speed that I got from the shock of it all, I sat straight up causing his hand to fall on my lap.

"What the hell?" I asked and pushed myself away from him.

He chuckled again and got off the bed. "Okay, so I will meet you in ten minutes. Dress comfortably, but wear a jacket over as it might be slightly colder," he advised me and walked out shutting the door.

I groaned, but complied with his demanding request, because there was just no way around it. As soon as I was dressed and decent, I walked downstairs and found him already waiting for me with a smile. I rolled my eyes and sighed at him as I walked outside. It was getting closer to summer now, but there was still a slight chill in the air. Alex opened the door for and waited until I was outside before he shut it and grabbed my hands to lead me.

"What are you doing?" I asked nervously.

He looked over his shoulder and just rolled his eyes. He pulled me along until we were standing in front of the stables. "The stables?" I said incredulously.

"Yeah, your surprise is in there," he said and pushed open the door for me. Immediately, the smell of horses and horse manure and the drying hay hit my nose. I inhaled it deeply, so that I could quickly get used to it before I walked in and switched the light on. All the while, Alex stood beside me with a patient smile on his face.

I mentally shrugged and walked in, my eyes raking over the horses that I knew would be there, until I found a new addition. It was my stallion I rode when I went with Alex that day to his meeting. "Brutus!" I squealed when I saw him.

Within a heartbeat he lifted his huge head and neighed for me. My heart literally soared seeing him there, but I didn't understand why he would be there. I turned to face Alex and saw that he had a pleased grin.

"Well, surprise," he said with an awkward smile.

I spun around and hugged him tightly. "Thank you! Thank you!" I said happily as I leaned my head on his shoulder and caught a whiff of his masculine scent and perfume.

He hugged me back and calmly set me on my feet again. "Do you like it?" he asked looking down at me with hopeful eyes.

I nodded. "I love it!"

"Then don't just stand there, he's been waiting for you since you left to ride him," Alex enthusiastically.

I turned to look at him. "What do you mean?"

He laughed and gestured for me to go to Brutus who was whining for me. "The day I left you with Vasya, I went to pick Brutus up. I made a deal with the owner and of course, being King, he agreed," he spoke as I walked.

I looked over my shoulder and rolled my eyes, but then I felt terrible. I ran away and he went and bought Brutus for me. It truly made me feel like a brat. "I am sorry," I apologized, truly feeling bad.