25**

Alex

“That’s enough now,” Vasya’s voice came from the doorway.

I turned around and snarled as the words came out. I was still not at peace with the fact that this –demon –vampire was the reason for so much of pain in my family. “It will never be enough!”

Vasya held up his hands in surrender.

“He killed my parents!” I growled and threw the knife I held in Mikael’s stomach. He slumped forward with a weak cry.

Vasya’s eyes widened in shock. “Swear on your life!”

I rolled my eyes at him. “I swear it upon my life, Vasya. He admitted it himself. In fact this bloody worthless piece of shit, mocked me about it. He bloody joked about Olivia’s death and then in the same breath asked if I was just curious about my parents’ murder!”

Vasya growled and angrily paced the room. “I will kill him myself, I swear I will!” he muttered as he paced.

I placed a hand on his shoulder and forced him to look at me. “It is not just up to us,” I smiled sadly. “Sebastian and Antoine –if he wishes –have a say in this matter,” I said and brought up him upstairs with me.

He nodded, but I knew he wasn’t pleased. I wasn’t pleased myself, but I had to make sure that no one wanted revenge on me. “I am going to clean up,” I said and walked to my bedroom.

Inside, I found Sebastian bent over Liv’s head as he rubbed it soothingly and whispered to her. If I really wanted to listen in on their conversation, I knew I could, but I gave them their privacy. “Sebastian,” I said softly. “We are going to have a meeting in my office once I clean up,” I said.

He nodded. “I’ll get everyone,” he said and walked out with one last kiss to Olivia’s forehead.

I knew that he wouldn’t give any objections when my voice betrayed no emotion. It was just a sign that everyone knew not to mess with me. It was like my automatic defence against anything that happened to me. I would become emotionless to deal with the stress and pain and heartache.

After what happened to Livvy, my dear, sweet Livvy, I wanted to go on a killing spree. I wanted everyone else to be as miserable as I was, but I had grown up in the last few decades. I wasn’t as stupid as I was when my parents died.

I wouldn’t lower myself back to that level of stupidity and ruthlessness again. I was going to prove to everyone that I was worthy of loving Olivia, but most of all, I was going to show Olivia that I was worthy of her love. If she ever decided to love me.

With gentle steps, I walked over to where she laid and looked down at her. I kneeled, not liking being too far away. “My sweet, my little one, my princess. Please wake up. Please, I know that you are going to hate me for this, but I couldn’t lose you.”   

I wanted to run my fingers over her face a million times and just memorize her small, beautiful features, but my hands were stained with blood. I withdrew my stretched hand and retreated quickly to the bathroom.

Once I finished washed up, I went and sat by Liv’s head. I stroked her silky soft blonde curls and watched her for any change, but there was none. She was still lying there with her slow breathing moving her chest up and down in small, jerking movements that looked painful.

“I have to go now, but I will be able to hear if anything changes and there is going to be no one to look after you. I promise I will be back,” I said and kissed her cool forehead before I left.

I walked into my office and was glad to see that everyone was there. “But then who is going to take care of Livvy?” Alyona asked worriedly.

I smiled at her concern, because while I saw Livvy’s jealousy, there was nothing between me and Alyona. Yet, I knew that if I had to tell Livvy that Alyona was concerned for her, she would hit me over the head and make sure that I never woke up.