29**

“Come on Livvy,” Alex said and pulled me into the master bedroom.

“I’m tired,” I moaned.

He laughed and pulled me closer to his body. “You’re a vampire and you’re tired?” he teased, his breath hitting my ear as my back was against his chest.

“Do you blame me? I went through over ninety rooms! A great hall, a ballroom, two dining areas, countless living areas, a massive kitchen, the dungeons…”

“Okay, okay!” he laughed and wrapped his arms around my body. “I get your point, but this is it. This is the finale.”

I sighed. “You have to show me your gardens,” I said and entwined my fingers through his.

“You’re tired, you can sleep here for a bit and then later we can go see the gardens,” he said and pushed through the door.

“I will manage to see it,” I said and hid a yawn. “But why am I so tired?”

“You were unlike others. You had my venom in you for ages and so your body is still getting used to it,” he said.

“Okay, okay, shh, let me look around,” I said.

He laughed and let go off my hands. I looked at it and sighed dreamily. It was absolutely beautiful. Unlike every other room, this was black, charcoal and silver. The walls were all in silver, the massive four-poster bed was black and stuffed with lots of pillows. The bed was pushed against a wall and had a small footlocker that was charcoal and had a stack of clothing on it.

All in all, it looked fit for royalty. I supposed it was, but it was gorgeous and I loved it. Near the window I saw a long leather couch and vowed I would be spending a lot of time there because below was the gardens, that I knew.

“Do you like it?” he asked as held me from behind again. He kissed my cheek when I didn’t answer him immediately.

I nodded and turned around to place a light kiss on his stubble. “It is beautiful,” I said amazed at the beauty.

“It is our room now,” he said.

“Really?”

He laughed. “Yes, you can make your eyes return to their normal size,” he teased.

I laughed and hit his shoulder lightly. “Ouch!” he smirked rubbing his shoulder.

I rolled my eyes. “Drama queen,” I teased. “My eyes were not wide opened!”

“Whatever,” he said and pulled me to the bed. “Come and lay with me. It is time for you to rest,” he said.

I complied and laid on the bed, but as soon as he came and lied next to me, I got shy. It was weird because I had lied with him before and I never got that shy. Soon enough, he pulled me flush against his body; my back to his chest and he wrapped an arm around me.

He smoothed my hair and whispered in my ear, “Sleep my love.”

I closed my eyes with a smile and snuggled further into his hold.

I woke up to my hair being constantly lifted and then placed down, it troubled my beautiful sleep and even better dream. I turned on my side and found Alex resting on his elbow and his other hand playing with my hair. “Morning beautiful,” he smiled at me.

“Morning,” I smiled.

“Come on, don’t be a lazy bugger, get up we have gardens to explore,” he teased.

I rolled my eyes. “I’m hungry,” I said quietly.

Alex sat up and looked at me worriedly. “Am I not supposed to be hungry so quickly?” I asked, afraid of the way he looked at me.