30**

"Alex!" someone hissed. "Alex!" the voice hissed again, sounding angrier and angrier, almost frustrated. "Damn it, Alex," the voice said once more, and I felt the spot I was sleeping on, shake.

I cracked open one eye to find an irritable Sebastian leaning over me. I rolled off Alex and wiped my sleepy eyes. "Sebastian?" I asked. "What's wrong?"

He gave me a small smile. "I need Alex up," he said frustrated.

I nodded, still very sleepy and tired. Underneath the covers, I shook Alex's shoulders and he woke up immediately and stretched his arm out for me. "I'm here," I mumbled. He sat up and the cover pooled at his exposed navel. Tired, he rubbed away the sleep from his eyes and faced Sebastian. "Yes?" he said in an annoyed tone.

However, Sebastian was grumpier than Alex. "Don't speak to me in that tone! I have been hissing in your ear for five minutes and you haven't stirred. And then Livvy gets it right on one try!" he fumed.

Alex looked tired and just blinked away Sebastian's remark. "So what was so important that you had to disturb our sleep for?"

Sebastian huffed at his older brother. "You make it sound as if something interesting was happening. However, the council are on the line and demand to speak to you. I said that you were spending time with Livvy, but they refused to give me a message for you," he said annoyed.

At that moment, I finally understood the true root of his irritation. He was annoyed that the council were treating him like a small child. At that moment, he was next in line for the throne should anything happen to Alex in the future before an heir is produced. He had more authority over them, with him being a Prince.

Although he was not one to throw around his title, he also did not like being disrespected.

Alex turned and looked at me remorsefully. "I –"

I smiled and touched the corner of his face with my palm. "I know, go and hear. I have a lot to do anyway," I said and got out of bed.

"Wait," Alex said and in a flash, he was leaning over me, giving me a soft kiss on my cheek. I was still smiling, even after he left. I found it terribly sweet, but then again, I was a true romantic at heart. I loved fairy-tales and happy endings. I also wanted to be treated like a princess, yet now I was becoming the queen.

Yet, having Alex make me feel like I was important to him was one of the best feelings in the world. I knew he was always very busy, but since the fire and Alyona's entrance into my life, it seemed as if Alex consciously made more time for me.

Except for when he used that time away to make me jealous of him and Alyona.

I let out a sigh and shoved that jealous thought away. It was in the past, and I believed that was where it should stay. However, I still can't forget the fact that it had hurt.

"Hey," Alex said as he placed a kiss on my cheek. "Guess what?" he said excitedly. I hadn't expected to see him smiling after speaking to the council. Since the last time, it was anything but pleasant.

"What?" I said, smiling. His happiness was infectious.

"We have another week until we have to get married," he said and sat down beside me, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me closer to him.

I snuggled my head in his chest, just trying to absorb his scent and all he said. "Aren't you happy, il mio amore?"

I sighed. "Of course, I would be, if I understood," I said.

"Understood what?" he asked and ran his hands through my hair in soothing motions.

"What the council meant? And that Italian words," I said and held on to his shoulders, enjoying the feel of him underneath me.