14**

“Olivia! Come on!” Alex screeched for the hundredth time. “Come on!”

I grumbled underneath my breath. He was waking me up by bellowing my name through the mansion because someone was here. It is like he has something against me having a goodnight’s rest.

“Olivia! Come down! This is being rude!” he yelled again.

“Goddamn it! Keep your briefs on!” I muttered as I got out of bed and put on a robe to go and see what he was yelling about. On my way down, I made myself somewhat presentable. At the door frame of the lounge, I found Vasya sitting there.

“OhmyGosh! Alex you idiot! Couldn’t you tell me it was Vasya? You made me look like a fool!” I growled the thought and projected it towards Alex.

He grinned broadly. “Vasya, how about you stretch your neck a bit and you’ll find the lovely Olivia still in her pyjamas?” he teased me.

“No!” I yelled and sprinted up into my room. I found one of the human helpers that Alex hired making up my bed. “Do not leave until you hear the shower water go off. Okay?” I asked the nervous girl.

She gave me a quick nod. I shut the door and opened the water; while it heated I undressed and got in. When I did my necessities, I got out and brushed my teeth and hair before I went to my room to change. However, the girl was kind enough to set out clothes for me. God bless her kind soul!

I dressed in them, ran a brush through my hair and then walked calmly down to greet Vasya. “Vasya!” I yelled as I ran down the last few stairs.

I heard him get up and walk towards the stairs. “Olivia!” he smiled and took me into his arms as he hugged me. He pulled me back and looked at me. “You look so much thinner,” he said approvingly.

I rolled my eyes. “No, I haven’t lost weight. I just shed the dress.” I guided us to the soft couch and sat down with him. We sat next to each other and the light lit up the room. Everything looked glowing there, like magic surrounding us.

“So how have you been?” he asked me as he turned to face me.

I smiled at him and smoothed my hair out. I thought about everything that Alex shared with me, Alex’s bipolar issues and my confusion over his whole demeanour and what it means. “I have been well, thanks and you?” I asked.

He gave me a knowing smile as Alex walked in. “Ahh, so she has finally arrived. Thanks for coming down today, Vasya,” Alex said.

I looked at Alex confused. “You know him?”

Alex and Vasya chuckled loudly. “Of course I do. He is my best friend as well as Antoine. We grew up together, but the two of them went world touring for the last ten years,” Alex said as he gently finger combed his long hair out of his face.

At that remark I felt used. And hurt. And betrayed. “So, why are you glad Vasya came down today?” I asked in a calm manner.

All the years I spent with vampires taught me a lot of things, especially to school your features and kept a steady voice. I had become pretty good at doing that when I was extremely angry.

Vasya noticed my change of attitude. “Alex, don’t. Don’t do it now,” he warned Alex, but Alex being Alex, ignored him.

“Why else? I need a babysitter for you. I need to get things done and I can’t leave you alone,” he said smirking.

I felt my anger rise. Have I not shown him that I can be responsible and mature? Did I not bloody organise him a bloody party for Henry? So how on earth can he not trust me to be alone in his mansion? Have I not proved my worth time and time again? He won’t trust me, but he would leave his mansion to other people who haven’t even been here over a month? Maybe all these days I spent with him were a waste of time. I was so stupid to even think we could be friends.