31**

Chapter 31

I woke up to the smell of roses overtaking all others. With my eyes still closed, I could sniff a hint of chocolate somewhere. A smile spread across my face as I inhaled it. "Babe? Are you okay?" Alex asked with concern. "Liv, please say you're okay."

I turned around to find him staring down at me, worry clearly etched in his face. Looking into his blazing blue eyes, I gave a small smile and wrapped my own arm around the one on my waist. "Yes, Alex. Why did it happen? The cold shouldn't have affected me," I said, my voice still thick with sleep.

He leaned down and placed a kiss on my forehead and then nose, before going up and staring at me with intense eyes. That stare of his was beginning to worry me. "Alex?" I drawled out when he didn't answer.

I tightened my grip on his arm, but it still didn't faze him. "Honestly?" he asked with a hint of sadness lingering.

I nodded, fearing his answer.

"I can't give you a solid and valid reason, love. We assume that it has something to do with your body still adjusting to the venom. But it shouldn't be. It could also be the fact that Mikael tried to kill you with his venom and then my venom from all those years as well as the fresh dosage I added, could have sparked a tiny battle in your body. But don't worry. I drew out all his blood and gave you mine again last night. In fact, what we did was give you a sedative to help heal anything and speed along the process of my venom running through your veins," he said quickly, almost as if he were afraid that I would yell at him.

Instead, the thought of having only his blood running through my veins were a secret thrill. It was just a like another claim we had to each other. I gave him a small, reassuring smile hoping to convey that I wasn't mad with him. Instead, I shrugged and said calmly, "Cool. Well, not the fact that we aren't sure of what is wrong with it, but that it is only your venom in my body. Which come to think of it right now kind of sounds really disgusting. I mean venom? Can't you rather say your blood or something? Venom just sounds so poisonous. And while I know that you are going to say that it is in fact poisonous, I just don't think that it sounds pleasant. Especially not if it it is running through my veins and my body. I mean, can you —"

He leaned forward and silenced me with a heated kiss. There was no battle of dominance. There was no rush. There was nothing there, but sweet, soft and lingering love. I pulled back and smiled sweetly at him. "Well, that is not rude at all," I said teasingly.

He smirked at me, and then leaned slightly down to just peck at my nose. "Of course not. Had we been in the public eye, I might have been awarded the title 'Hero' for swooping in and saving them all from your rambling," he said and gave me a saucy wink as he got out of bed.

I gasped and pretended to be hurt, but all in all, we were having a fun, light morning. Not worrying about anything.

"Sorry Princess, but someone had to take one for the team," he laughed and walked into his bathroom.

"Yeah, quite magnanimous of you isn't it?" I laughed as he left the bathroom door open.

He ignored me and went to get done, while I grabbed my clothes and headed for one of the other bathrooms on the floor. After I was done, I spent the rest of the day organising wedding preparations.

"Come on!" I grumbled.

"Oh, just relax!" Alyona laughed. "Let me apply the eyeliner!"

I rolled my eyes but then sat down like the obedient girl I was. My eyes were trained on the immaculate ceiling where dull colours depicted some war scene, yet in between the battle, a love scene was painted. A man and a woman were wrapped in each other's arms, yet from the war garments they wore, it was easy to see that they were enemies.