10**

**Dedicated to the above person for all the wonderful support I received

I was a quivering mess in my room. The light overhead was switched off, but Alexander made sure that the lampshade on my nightstand was switched on. I was sitting across Alexander’s lap and crying into his shirt.

The ordeals of the night all just threw themselves at me mercilessly and rendered me useless. I felt pathetic and weak and completely upset. I was disappointed. I gulped, wiped my puffy eyes with the back off my hand and pushed my head off Alexander’s firm chest. I took a deep breath and faced him.

“I’m sorry,” I whispered.

He frowned, and I knew I looked terrible. For some reason, I felt ashamed that he had to see me look so terrible, but at that moment, I couldn’t care. All I wanted and needed was love and affection. I needed attention.

“Liv, there is nothing to be sorry for. If anything, I am sorry,” he said apologetically.

What baffled me was why he felt terrible. He had no reason to feel bad.

“I do have reason, I haven’t watched you tonight and because of my negligence, that idiot tore your dress down the front,” he said with a disgusted tone.  I reached up and felt my top half. And indeed, it was torn right down to my belly button. Why hadn’t I noticed that? Possibly, because Alexander threw his jacket over me.

I blushed. “I am sorry I ruined the dress,” I said.

He lifted my chin with a slim finger. “No, princess, there is no reason to be sad. I will get you a thousand more of it, as long as you weren’t harmed. I need to know, are you unharmed?”

I smiled; glad that he avoided the usual ‘Are you okay?’ question, because I don’t think I was okay. “Yes, I think I am mostly unharmed. He just slapped me a few times,” I said offhandedly.

However, that response didn’t sit too well with Alex. I saw his blue eyes darken considerably and his jaw tighten. He wasn’t happy. And that wasn’t a good sign. “I am going to murder him!” he muttered softly, but I still heard it.

“Liv, I need to check something downstairs. I want you to shower and rest. Do not worry about anything else, okay?” he said quickly and kindly as he lifted me and placed me next to him.

I nodded, but then words poured out of my mouth with no control. “Will you please come back for me?” I asked softly as he began walking away.

He stopped and stared at me. I felt the blush rise as he looked dumbfounded, shocked and maybe just a little repulsed. “I …uh, never –” I was cut off as he walked back and kissed the top of my head.

“Of course,” he smiled and walked away after shutting my door.

I walked to my bathroom and took a long and scalding hot shower. I wanted to rid myself of all the horrors that happened tonight, but I also wanted to get rid of all the filth of that vile monster that dared to touch me.

Nearly an hour later, the knocking on my door, caused me to rush out of the shower and dress haphazardly into my pajamas. They were long cotton pants and a short sleeved cotton t-shirt that matched.  I walked out, combing my hair and opened the door to find and angry looking Alexander on my doorstep. “Alex, are you okay?” I asked in a soft voice.

He looked at me and stared at me with a hard expression for a few seconds before he realized who I was. “Yes…no, I don’t know!” he growled and walked into the room combing his fingers through his hair.

He sat on the corner of my bed and patted the space next to him for me to sit.  “I am sorry; I knew that Sebastian was busy. I should have been more vigil,” he said softy. It felt like he spoke more to himself than me, but I was glad to have him sit there and talk. It felt like old times.