9**

At long last it was the day of the ball –which was also the day of the twelfth anniversary of my parents’ death –and the day before my eighteenth birthday. I woke up with a horrible ache in my heart and a frown carved in my forehead.

I really didn’t want to get out of my warm bed, but then I also couldn’t be so rude to Alexander and Sebastian. Plus, this was going to be a really special day for Cathy and I hope that she is going to love the gown that Sebastian and I chose.

I always knew that they liked each other, but they were too afraid to admit it to the other for a very long time. A few years ago, I did the most cliché thing and looked them in a room forcing them to talk. However, when I unlocked it, I found them kissing and let’s just say that since then, the have been stealing moments. I was glad to have helped them along; it gave me some sort out satisfaction to see two of my best friends get together. It was going to be the only love I ever see. I am not trying to be self-pitying, but I knew the day I made the vow that I wasn’t going to have a long life. No rational person would vow to take revenge against three vampires.

Speak of the devil and the devil shall appear, I was always told and it always proved true, because suddenly my room door swung in and in walked Sebastian and Cathy. Thankfully, neither held hands or looked sickeningly happy. “Morning my baby,” Cathy greeted me.

I gave her a weak smile. Too many memories of my parents were on my mind. “Hey.”

Sebastian sat on the bed and wrapped an arm around my shoulders, my short red hair just touching his arm. While most girlfriends would be upset with the position Sebastian and I were in, Cathy would actually encourage it. “Sweetheart, you don’t have to come down today,” he said softly.

I shook my head immediately refuting his idea. “No, the guests will be arriving soon and I have to be there or else –” I was cut off by a knock at my door.

I looked between the two of them but they shrugged. “Come in!” I yelled and in walked Eli. He held a bunch of roses all cut from my rose bush.

He gave a tentative smile and then slightly frowned at my casualness with the vampires in my room. “Morning Eli,” I greeted.

Immediately, I saw him brighten. “Morning Miss,” he said. “These are for you.” He stretched his arms and laid the roses on my lap in the bed.

“Thank you.” I sniffed the roses. “Eli,” I called as he turned.

“Yes Miss?”

“My name is Livvy and these are my best friends in the whole world, Sebastian and Cathy,” I introduced. They each gave him bright smiles, but he was too nervous and just walked out after a small bow to Sebastian.

“God, he is scared!” Sebastian exclaimed.

I chuckled, “Yes, I want to change that. It wouldn’t be beneficial for him to work here if he is afraid. Lord knows what he would do!” I said and leaned against Sebastian as Cathy curled up on my other side.

There was silence in the room as we just sat silently and then I watched as Sebastian’s fingers searched for Cathy’s unknowingly. It was so cute.

“Livvy, I wish my brother gave this more thought,” Sebastian said sadly.

I sighed. “I don’t know why, but this year feels like the worse. I feel like something is going to happen and I just can’t prevent it. I don’t know what to do about this dumb feeling and that is the reason I am afraid to face the day, Seb,” I muttered.

“We’re here for you. Anytime you need to disappear and take a breather, I will cover for you,” Sebastian promised and leaned down to kiss my forehead.