Her Return

Hello Readers! This would be my first FanFiction about Fairy Tail, my OTP would be inside! NaLu! Alrighty then, this would be our first chapter. Enjoy!

P.S : This is the me after I've completed the book. I know it seems cliche and and the sentence phrasing doesn't seem that good, but please continue to read. It gets better, I promise! Thank you so much for your support :)

edited

Lucy's POV

I sat on the bar stool as I stirred my drink absent-mindedly. The guild is as noisy as ever but my mentality is not living up to the hype in the halls. I sighed as the restlessness in my body continued to build up.

I stood up and was about to leave until the doors of the guild busted open. I flinched in surprise "What the h-"

I snapped my head towards the entrance in annoyance until I saw the bright smile of a certain dragon slayer. The frown on my face faded away quickly and was replaced with a smile as that man approached me.

"Hey Natsu." I greeted.

"Lucy! Let's go on a mission! I saw a really good one in just now and I was looking all over for you." Natsu grinned as Happy munched on his fish snack blissfully beside him.

I groaned in response "No thanks, do you know how many missions we've done for this past month? Give me a break, aren't you tired?"

He shrugged in response "But I'm bored! Come on, just one last time." he begged. He looked at me straight in this eyes and dragged on the last word in an adorable manner, "Please?"

"Nope." Still, I refused to give in.

Natsu continued to whine "Lucy come on, you can't leave me all alone can you? Besides, it's almost time for your to pay your rent right?"

I twitched at the last statement.

Sensing my feelings wavering, Natsu grinned as he seized the opportunity to grab me by the arm and drag me to the notice board, "Great! Now let's quickly inform Mira before we head back to pack."

I mumbled to myself as I let Natsu pull me around, "Being poor would be the death of me one day."

--

In the end, Erza and Gray tagged along with us on the mission. The designated location is at Nilla Ville. We were told to collect a golden book residing on the 15th shelf in the sole library of this abandoned town, which was famous for storing many articles of information that one could never ever find somewhere else. Due to that, this town was attacked several times by one of the dark guilds nearby known as Kindlr.

As we arrived in this eerie town by train, the first thing Natsu did was to puke on the rails. The rest of us scrunched up our noses in disgust as we witnessed Natsu's unhygienic behaviour. Wendy couldn't come with us as she's on a separated mission by herself, which led to Natsu's current dire state.

Erza surveyed the surroundings and said "This place feels amiss."

That was when Gray decided that it was a smart choice to chip in his own opinion, only to regret severely after, "Ya don't say."

As Erza sent a glare towards him, Gray soon found himself stuck in a headlock as he screamed for help. I gave him an apologetic smile as I made the (clever) decision of ignoring his pleas.

As I looked around the place, a cold wind rushed past us and we all stopped our movements to sharpen our senses. Natsu took a whiff in the air and said, "I don't like this smell." A dark aura seeped in the train station immediately and a fog started to form, making all of us feel uneasy.

Erza released Gray from her grasp quickly as she equipped herself with a sword, "Guys, take your stance."

We nodded as we went into battle-mode. I looked around the station and there was not a single soul inside, but I can't help but feel that someone is watching us. I gripped my key tightly as I calmed my nerves.

At that moment, someone could be heard clearing their throat amidst the fog. Our attentions were then pinpointed at that source of noise.

"Who's there?" Erza yelled.

There were shuffling noises and giggles of a girl coming from that direction. I fished out Leo's key from my pouch as my eyes tried to make out the petite figure appearing from the fog. Natsu's hands were lit with flames and Gray's fist was already on his palm.

I squinted my eyes at the mysterious girl as she approached closer to us.

"So you're now known as Titania?" the girl spoke.

Erza kept her cool, "Who are you? Show yourselves!"

The girl let out a small laugh as her figure started to surface from the fog, "You're still as serious as ever huh—"

She, who had short white hair and ocean-coloured eyes appeared with a warm smile as she addressed the fairy queen, "—Erza?"

At that juncture, time seemed to have stopped as everyone's faces turned blank.