Best Friends

Hello Readers! Thank you so much for the 60K reads. Wow! We passed the 50K mark, and it's all thanks to yoooou! Thank you so much for your support up 'till now. Here's a new chapter, Enjoy!

Lucy's POV

I stroked Natsu's salmon-hair and stared at his face. We were lying down on my bed with our legs tangled with the sheets. He kind of fell asleep after our little crying session.

He's actually cute when he's asleep. Seriously, look at how innocent his face is!

I grinned to myself as I climbed out of my bed slowly, so as to not wake him up. I went to freshen up in the toilet before putting on my strawberry printed apron. I smiled nostalgically to myself.

This was the one he wore.

I opened the cabinets to find some pancake mix that I could make for Natsu when he wakes up. The memories from before started to cloud my mind. Before I knew it, my eyes were brimming with tears, nevertheless, I continued to prepare the utensils. I let out a soft sob, and before I could react, a strong pair of arms wrapped around my waist affectionately.

Natsu buried his face in my hair as I covered my face with my hand. I didn't want anyone to see me in this state. Especially not him.

My chest felt so tight, I feel like I'm going to explode. My tears started to stream down my face.

I miss him so much, I miss Sting.

But, he's gone.

---

I stopped crying after some time, Natsu's arms were still around my waist. He didn't say anything for the whole time, but his pain was showing. His arms were trembling slightly during the whole ordeal, I hugged his arms, letting him know it's alright.

I turned around and faced him, his eyes were cast downwards at the floor. "Hey, look at me." He refused to budge.

I pinched his cheeks and forced him to face him, "It's alright already Natsu. I told you," He placed his hand on mine and kissed the palm of my hand. He mumbled, "You were crying."

I was speechless. I quickly looked for words to say, "I-It's just that I thought of some old memories. Don't worry about it." I smiled. He looked at me disbelievingly.

I hugged him and whispered into his ear, "It's okay,"

No it's not.

"I'm okay."

No, I'm not.

That was when Natsu gritted his teeth in annoyance before pushing me against the kitchen counter. I moved back by instinct, causing me to sit on the countertop. "W-what are you-"

He looked at me with anguish and sadness before he raised his voice, "When are you going to stop lying to me? I know you're not okay, stop putting on a brave front when you're with me!" I widened my eyes in surprise, I fumbled upon my words, "I-I.."

He continued to shout at me, his eyes never leaving mine, "Aren't we best of friends? You're suppose to talk to me, not lie to me Lucy!"

That was when I snapped.

"What do you know? I didn't want to show you my sorry state when you're this broken! How do you think I felt when I saw you like that? It's so painful and it crushed me inside! I didn't want to worry you with my problems that's why I-"

That was when a soft sensation spread across my lips.

I was taken aback. Natsu was kissing me. He pulled back not long after. The momentary silence held so much tension. My heart was beating so fast I swear it's going to race out of my chest.

"I don't think best friends are suppose to do this," I looked into his onyx eyes, unable to say anything.

"But you made me do it." Natsu muttered before closing the space between our lips again.