Farewell

Hello Readers! Sorry for the long update. Exams are around the corner and I've been reaaally busy. Thank you so much for the 200+ followers, reads and votes. Here's a new chapter, Enjoy!

Natsu's POV

Lucy was brought back to the guild and was given immediate first aid treatment from Wendy. I sat by bed side as I held her hand dearly. Her soft breathing was the only thing keeping me sane.

I'm so sorry... This would've never happened if I wasn't so weak...

I've hurt a lot of people due to my actions. Lisanna, Rogue, Lucy, and finally - Sting. He gave up something precious to save Lucy. I hate to admit this, but he probably loved Lucy more than I did. My chest ached at that thought.

I sighed as I heard the door creaked open. I turned back and saw Gray and the rest of the team. "How is she?" Erza asked with a hint of worry in her voice. I shook my head in response. Gray walked by my side and patted my shoulder, "She's going to be fine. You've been here for the whole day, at least grab something to eat." He said. I shook my head once again, not wanting to talk to anyone at the moment.

That was when Wendy spoke up timidly, "N-Natsu-san, I'm sure you're worried about Lucy-san but please, get some food into your system. If you don't, what if you collapsed when she wakes? You wouldn't want to worry her would you?" I thought about her words before I sighed again. I walked to the door and mumbled, "Take care of her for me." They gave me a wide grin a thumbs-up. I returned a weak smile before heading to the main hall.

I sat on one of the stools at bar before ordering some sandwiches from Mirajane. Although she lost her sister, she managed to put up her usual smile and carried on working as if nothing happened.

If only I could do that.

As I munched on my sandwiches, Gramps approached me suddenly and called me into his office.

I knew this would happen sooner or later.

I entered his office and shut the door before taking a seat in front of him.

"I heard your memories returned." He said nonchalantly. "Yeah." I gave a curt reply. There was a moment of silence followed by a big sigh before Gramps spoke, "You do know what I'm going to ask right?" He said grimly.

I nodded in response as guilt started to wash me up. "Alright, now, tell me everything you know." I shut my eyes while trying to fight the urge inside of me to start breaking down. I took in huge breaths to calm myself down.

I'm going to be fine. Just breathe.

I looked at solemn looking man infront of me before spilling out everything.

--

Lucy's POV

Where am I?

Why is everything so dark?

I looked around in panic, trying to find any sources of light. But there was none.

Am I dead? I thought to myself.

I tried calling out to people, "Hello? Is anyone there?" No answer.

Suddenly, a ray of light started to shine in front of me. I squinted my eyes at the brilliance before me until I felt a pair of strong, yet familiar arms wrapping around my body. I breathed in and I knew immediately who it was. I returned the hug and somehow, tears started to fall from my eyes.

"Lucy." My name rolled off his tongue so sweetly. I smiled to myself as I remembered our fond memories.

Sting...

The hug lasted for a while before we broke away. His arms were around my waist as I cupped his face. "Sting..." He smiled warmly at me. Sadness started to engulf me.

I didn't even know why.

My chest was so tight and my heart squeezed in pain. And that was it, my tears trickled down my cheeks like a river.

I sobbed as he bumped his forehead onto mine. "It's okay Luce, it's okay." He mumbled loud enough for me to hear.

Something horrible happened didn't it?

Just then, scenes started to play out in my mind.

--

I brought Lucy's head up to mine. I examined her face carefully. This is going to be the last time I'll be able to do this. "I love you, Lucy." I touched her lips with mine as I transferred all of my magic into her body. Energy was slowly seeping out of me, I forced the last bit of magic into her before I collapsed to the ground.

My vision started to deteriorate slowly and I knew my death was near. I could hear faint shoutings from my surroundings. I closed my eyes and stretched a last smile.

--

Ah... That was the last few memories Sting had.

He exchanged his life for mine.

I looked into his eyes with my teary ones. They looked happy. "Luce, please don't cry. I'm happy that I managed to see you one last time, healthy and alive. That's all that I needed before I leave in peace." I sobbed softly as I spoke with hiccups between my words, "Your life wasn't worth mine."

He shook his head before smiling gently like he always did, "It was worth it. It's okay if I can't see the light anymore if you, my light, can see it for me. So please, wipe those tears off your pretty face." [A/N : Lucy's name has the meaning of 'light']

I wiped my tears away quickly before giving him my brightest smile. He nodded in satisfaction, "That's what I'm talking about." The both of us laughed in bliss before he flashed me a sad smile. "It's time for me to go Lucy."

My smile turned into a frown, "Why? No, please don't." His hand caressed my cheek softly, "I have to. I don't belong in world of the living anymore. You have to understand."

I shook my head stubbornly and tears threatened to fall again. "You'll do fine without me sweetheart. You have someone that loves you dearly back on the other side. I'm sure he'll give you happiness." He murmured, while forcing himself to keep his smile. I stood there motionlessly as I just stared back at him.

We all knew who he was referring to.

He pulled my waist in 'till our noses touched. His breath tickled my face as he whispered, "This is for the last time so please, forgive me." Before I could react, his soft lips touched mine. I closed my eyes as a tear escaped.

Our lips parted as he gave me a wide grin, "Goodbye Lucy, te amo." His body dispersed into white shards as a warm light engulfed the whole place.

It felt warm and...kind.

Ah... I know now. This was his soul...

Then, a certain stalk of flower fell into my hands gently.

--

My eyes blinked open as I tried to adjust myself to the surroundings. Then, I noticed eyes staring at me. A half naked man stuttered, "S-S-She's awake!" The redhead started to panic, "Q-Quick! Call someone!" I ignored the commotion before me as I sat up.

I felt something at the palm of my hands. I open my hands slowly, revealing a stalk of Yellow Acacia. I brought it close to my heart and started to cry loudly.

I feel broken, it's so painful...

Goodbye, my beloved Sting.