For You To Breathe Again

Hello Readers! Once again thank you for your votes, reads and comments. I know I've said this tons of times but seriously, I'm really thankful. Without you, I would have never got this far. Here's a new chapter, Enjoy!

Sting's POV

Tears jammed in my eyes as I hugged Lucy tightly. I could hear soft breathings from her. Each breath getting slower and softer by the second.

No, please. Don't do this to me Luce. Droplets of my tears started to drip on her shoulder.

"Please! Anyone, save her!" I pleaded in despair. I looked around frantically as I searched for anything or anyone that could help, only to see the looks of despair etched on everyone's faces. "We need to save her, quick! Get the doctors here! Use the herbs from before!" I was desperately giving out orders to everyone, but none of them moved.

I felt so shocked. "Everyone..? Why..? Start mov-" I was interrupted by Rogue as he stood up and gave me a small pat on the shoulder with a pained expression, "Stop it, Sting. It's no use, she's gone." My eyes widened as I glanced at Lucy's face.

It was deathly pale.

I cried loudly as I sink into my sorrows. This was never meant to happen. If only I protected her, if only I wasn't so weak... None of this would've happened. Then, I released the hug, allowing a small space between her face and mine. She looked so beautiful.

That was when I made a decision.

I took in a breath and forced a sad smile, "Farewell, my beloved Lucy." I mumbled inaudibly before I kissed her forehead for the last time.

Then, I started to focus all of my magic around her. "Sting! What are you doing!" Rogue cried out. I kept my concentration as magic particles were engulfing the place.

I'm sorry Rogue, this is to save the only person I've ever loved.

I started to chant a ancient magic spell.

"N-No! Sting! Stop chanting!" Rogue started shouting as the magical pressure started to overpower everyone. "If you do this, you'll die! Why would you go this far for her?" Rogue shouted again, with a hint of desperation in his voice. I flashed him a sad smile before speaking, "It's because I love her."

Then, the pressure ceased as I took in a deep breath, controlling the boiling energy within me.

If I do this, you'll surely...

I brought Lucy's head up to mine. I examined her face carefully. This is going to be the last time I'll be able to do this. "I love you, Lucy." I touched her lips with mine as I transferred all of my magic into her body. Energy was slowly seeping out of me, I forced the last bit of magic into her before I collapsed to the ground.

My vision started to deteriorate slowly and I knew my death was near. I could hear faint shoutings from my surroundings. I closed my eyes and stretched a last smile.

For you to breathe again, I paid a heavy price. This is goodbye, my love. I'll see you on the other side.

Natsu's POV

...

What just happened?

I could hear voices not too far away. I focused my gaze on the group of people. A man with raven hair was yelling hysterically while shaking a body on the floor.

What's going on?

That was when I noticed Lucy lying on the other side with blood stained all over her body. The group of people looked grief-stricken.

My heart started hammering so loudly that I can barely hear anything. My mind was in a mess and everything's a blur. Just then, a pain struck through my skull. I crouched to the floor as I screamed in pain.

---

"Natsu, Natsu! Look! I got the guild mark!"

"Stop coming into my house without permission!"

"Thank you for everything Natsu. Really."

---

Fragments of nostalagic images flooded my mind. It was all filled with Lucy. My heart was overflowing with emotions as I recovered the fragments bit by bit.

Slowly, slowly... Everything was in place.

I opened my eyes slowly and adjusted to the scene before me. I staggered my way towards them and noticed Sting's body lying beside Lucy's. He had a peaceful expression on his face.

Remorse started to fill my heart as I started to grasp the situation.

Then, I focus my gaze back at Lucy and lift her body close to my chest as I stared at her face that was slowly regaining color. I caressed her facial features gently as I sucked in a breath, trying to contain my tears from trickling down. I hugged her and took in the familiar scent of hers, afraid that everything would disappear again. I missed her so much.

None of these should have happened. Pain was inflicted to people because of me. It's all my fault...

All my fault.