Feelings That Were Kept Away

Hello Readers! Thank god that some people likes The Story Of Us. I was actually kind of nervous. Thank you for the 5K reads! Its so wonderful! You guys are so nice xD Thank you for reading up 'till now. Here's the new chapter, Enjoy!

Lucy's POV

A mistake, huh?

I fell back on my bed as I placed the back of my hand on my forehead.

Sigh.

I looked up at the ceiling as I thought,

What a long day...

---

The next day...

I moved around my bed as I heard some noise coming from the kitchen. I opened my eyes and groaned.

Who on earth is that..!

For as far as I know, I'm not a morning person. And it's not funny to wake me up when the sun just rose. Then, I heard some frying noises.

Is that a burglar?

I grabbed a umbrella nearby as I approached the kitchen stealthily.

Closer...closer.

I closed my eyes and dashed into the kitchen gripping my umbrella tightly and shouted, "You damn burglar!" Just when I was about to hit that asshole, a familiar voice travelled to my ears, "Woah wait!" I opened my eyes and saw some blonde hair.

I opened both eyes and saw Sting holding a spatula defensively...With my strawberry printed apron. "S-Sting?! What are you doing here in the morning?!" I asked, flustered. He sighed and look at me in the eye, "I was planning to cook breakfast for you, Lucy. But dang, do you have power in the morning." He chuckled. I pouted and then I laughed along with him. "And what's up with you wearing that apron?" I laughed again. He flushed bright pink and stuttered, "T-There wasn't any other apron here! That's why I had to wear that..." His voice trailed off and I laughed again. Gosh he's cute. He shot me a look and a grin spreads over his face.

Oh boy this is going to be bad...

"W-What?" I asked nervously, I stepped back as he steps forward. Then, soon my back touched the dining table. He smirked and said, still wearing the strawberry printed apron, "Miss Heartfilia, you got guts to laugh at me like that!" I chuckled nervously at his words. "I'm going to punish you." With that, his face comes closer to mine until we were bending and my head knocked the table. "W-what are you going to do?" I asked again, attempting to buy some time for myself. "Oh my, I wonder?" He replied evilly

I always knew he was evil.

He grabbed my hands and placed them above my head securing it with only one of his huge hands, he licked my neck and I flinched to his touch. He then kissed me. Jolts of electricity shot through me as he bit my bottom lip. Then suddenly, a flashback of what happened yesterday night appeared in my head. At that moment, I released the kiss. Sting looked at me with a confused look on his face. I gave him a apologetic look and said, "Sorry, just not today." His eyes told me he wanted to ask why, but he just nodded and went back to the stove.

Great, I just ruined the morning for the both of us.

After breakfast, Sting brought me to the guild before he left for his. I thanked and kissed him goodbye before entering. I scanned the room and saw no signs of salmon hair. I felt relieved somewhat.

Then, I saw my best friend sitting with the rest of the girls so I went and greeted them, "Hey guys!" They greeted me back just as warmly. We started talking about random things until suddenly Levy brought up a topic, "By the way, do you know that Lisanna confessed to Natsu?" I shot up from my chair. Everyone looked at me with shocked faces, "W-What's wrong, Lucy-san?" Wendy asked, a bit frightened. I sat down immediately and replied, "N-Nothing."

"You sure?" Erza asked in concern and I nodded my head. What's wrong with me..? I thought about what happened last night and I felt a tight strain in my chest.

What if Natsu likes Lisanna too? What if both of them dated? Then was what happened last night really a mistake?

A million of thoughts ran through my head as the girls continued talking. I snapped out of my trance when the guild doors banged open. Lisanna had her arms locked with Natsu. She was grinning from ear to ear while Natsu had this nonchalant face plastered on his face.

Natsu... Are you dating her already?

"Good morning everyone!" Lisanna greeted everyone cheerfully as she walked in the guild with Natsu. Both of us locked gazes as he walked past me, he turned back quickly.

Natsu...

I looked down nervously as the kiss from last night flashed in my head. Urgh! Why did he do that?! Leaving me with unanswered questions and telling me it was a mistake! Who does he think he is! I'm still a girl... Anger and sadness flowed within me as I looked up and watched him silently.

Lisanna was sitting with him, talking happily as he nodded several times. She noticed me and gave me a smirk. Her eyes were filled with evil...

Why do I have a bad feeling..?

It's as if something bad was about to happen. I turned back to the group of girls and asked them in a quiet voice, "Is Lisanna always like this?" Erza looked at me questioningly, "Like what?" I thought about it for awhile and answered her, "Like um... Like does she always have this evil look in her eyes?" Erza raised her brows and the rest of the girls peeked at Lisanna before turning back to me, "I don't sense anything wrong with her though." Levy replied. Erza was still examining Lisanna, after a few seconds she turned back, "Hmm... Now that you mentioned it, ever since she came back, she has this evil aura around her... Her eyes lost their usual glow as well..." Erza said in deep thoughts.

Time flies and it was already at the end of the day, I walked by the dark pavement back to my apartment, but suddenly, my hair was yanked and someone pushed me against the hard wall. I winced in pain. I looked up and saw Lisanna with a dark grin. I searched for my keys, prepared to summon them at any given time.

"Don't worry, I just want to talk to you." I gave a look of disgust, "My, don't look at me like that. It will trigger myself to kill you." She laughed. "What do you want?" I snarled. "What do I want? Nothing really, since I've already gotten what I want in my hands. I just want to say that I confessed to Natsu, sooner or later I'll be his girlfriend, his fiancé, then finally his bride." She laughed again before she continued, "Must be painful to watch the man you love being taken away from you huh?"

"The man I love? Who says that I loved Natsu?" My voice quivered as my resolution was slowly breaking down. She stopped smirking and bent down to my eye level with a irritated expression, "Please spare me from your drama, it's obvious that you love him. If not, then tell me why did you cry at Ryuzetsu Land?" My eyes widened.

That's right, Lucy, you loved Natsu, right from the very start. Way before you met Sting... You loved him ever since you laid eyes on him.

My inner voice rang in my ears and I realised.

Feelings that should've been kept away broke loose.

Hah... That's right.

I knew that I loved him. I always did didn't I? Ever since I met him, I loved him. My love for him grew more and more until I couldn't take it anymore, I shut away those feelings as I was already happy with things the way they are. I didn't want to break our friendship by accident. I didn't even dare to think that he would return my feelings. It was just too much to ask, wasn't it?

I smiled and looked up at Lisanna, "Yeah... I do love him." Her face twisted in disgust for a moment before returning to her cool, collected one, "Natsu will never be yours. He's mine, and mine only. " With that she stomped off. I sat there at the dark alley and rain started to pour. I leaned my head against the wall as I thought ironically,

I love him.