Change

I finally made it home, after running three miles, I made it to the city, where my house was close to the border of the town. I walked into my house then changed into my pajamas, brushed my teeth, and flipped down in bed, sure, it was only 6:30, but I was too tired. 

I heard a knock on my door, do I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. 

"Hey, Jacq?" I heard Raf said. 

"Honey, leave her alone, she's exausted, she came home and told me she sprinted 3 miles, let her sleep," Mom said.

"Ok," I peeked over at the door, as I saw Raf' s sad face close the door. I'm sorry Raf.

The next day...

I got up at 6:00, then got up and shut my door and locked it. I didn't want anyone to be in my room.

I heard a knock on my door. 

"Darling, time to get up!" 

"No," I said, grabbing my laptop and started playing a video game. 

"But there are two people here to see you," 

"Then tell them that I'm sorry for the incovinence, but I don't want company," I stared at he door. 

"Fine," I didn't here anything from the next three minutes. 

Then I heard something coming from outside my window.

"I think this is her room, it looks like it," Miko.

"Miko, this isn't a good idea, she's fine, let her get used to being this way," And Jack. 

"I'm not letting her hang around in her room!" I opened my blinds to see my two friends bickering.

"Listen to Jack, I'm fine, just leave me alone," They looked at me, and Miko looked depressed at my choice. I closed my blind again and sighed. 

The only time I came out was for snacks and main meals.

I came out for dinner, still in my pajamas.

"Dear, you're  a mess!" Mom came up and tried to get rid of the knots in my hair.

"I came to pick up my dinner, not to have me criticized," I said, grabbing my plate and walking to my room. 

The next day, I woke up and instead if my usual outfit of girliness, I put in some sweats, Maroon converse, and a maroon sweater. Input my hair in a messy bun then walked out to my car. 

I sat in class not talking. 

After school Miko walked up to me. "Hey, why were you so upset yesterday?" She asked.

I shrugged and tried to walk away, but she stopped me. 

"Is it because of Wheeljack leaving?" And it went on and on and on.

"Shut up!" I yelled at her.

"What?" She quietly asked.

"If you want to know so much,  I'm sad and mad because I wasn't awake to stop him!" I yell, some people stopped and turned.

I started walking away but before I did I whispered in Miko's ear, "People change, Miko, and this is my change," and walked away.

People change. People make choices. Wheeljack made choices. This is my choice, change what I want, this is the new me. 

Jacqlynn 2.0.