New Home

I stood in front of the house that was now going to be my home. Figures my parents would bail on me when things got bad. They couldn't buy their way out of this one so they sent me here, to Oakland Michigan. I held my bag in one hand while I fiddled with my midnight-black hair with the other. it had been a week since I got brutally raped. I still had the bruises on my stomach, arms, and thighs to prove it.

I walked up to the front door and knocked softly. I couldn't believe it when my parents said they were sending me to live with the Blake's. I mean, sure they were close but I never thought they'd take me in. I wonder what my parent's would have done if they said they couldn't, probably send me to boarding school.

 "Oh hello dear" Susan Blake stood in front of me with a warm smile as she gestured for me to come in "It is so good to see you. I am thrilled you're going to be here. It would be nice to have another lady around" she laughed and i smiled at her she was always so nice to me. "now frank is at work and the boys at school so I'll lead you to your room to unpack or rest" she headed up the stairs and I followed. She opened the door to a big bedroom with light purple walls matching the bed covers, the dresser.

  "Your parent's said you liked the color so I decorated for you" I smiled at her

 "thanks a lot you shouldn't have gone through all the trouble"

 "Nonsense dear you deserve that and more" she came towards me and placed her hand on mine

 "After what you've been through I can't imagine" I could tell she was trying to hide the pity and I was trying to hold back the tears

 "I don't want anyone to know okay? Please?" she immediately nodded

 "Of course dear no one knows but me and my husband because your parents told us" I sighed. Of course my parents told them why did I expect them not to? I nodded as she left. I spent the next half hour unpacking and when I was done I just sat on the bed.

 "ALEX" My door barged open and the next thing I knew Sam was over me.

 "Sammy" I said between giggles as I smiled at the nine year old with freckles. "I missed you buddy. Wow you're big now" the last time I'd seen him he was five

 "Logan and Kyle are teaching me how to play football. Look I have muscles now" he said pointing to his arm. "Mom said diner is ready come on" he took me by the hand and lead me downstairs

 I could tell you the exact moment they all saw me come in because suddenly everything was quiet. So this was so not going to be awkward (note the sarcasm)

 "Oh Alex dear have a seat" Susan said as Sam led me to a chair next to him.  "Of course you still remember my husband Frank" She gestured to the man next to her. He had dark hair with a bit of gray in them 

 "And Logan" She pointed to the guy next to Frank with the same dark hair, brown eyes. Damn Logan was sexy, he was eighteen a senior. Only a year older than me

 "And Kyle" She pointed to the guy next to Logan with the same hair as his father and brother but green eyes instead of brown.

 "Um Hi" I said awkwardly and i could tell they were all shocked by my appearance. I never used to be the girl who wanted to blend in with the wall. I was never the shy, insecure girl. And I'd never be caught dead wearing the clothes I was now--baggy pants and a long sleeved sweatshirt--but I still needed to cover the bruises and I just. didn't want attention from guys, not anymore.

Dinner was quiet I only answered questions when they were directed to me and just ignored everyone glancing at me from time to time. Well, everyone except Susan and Frank, who didn't want to make me feel awkward.

When dinner was over Sam begged me to sit down and watch cartoons with him so I did.

 "Hey Al" Logan said sitting next to me, I smiled at him using my old nickname. We used to be close. We were called the three musketeers. I moved away from him a bit, I just wasn't comfortable being that close to a guy. "How are you?"

 "Fine" I answered in a low voice, not even looking at him. "And you?" he chuckled 

 "You know you can look at me Al." I raised my head and finally looked at him, he examined me for a while

 "What happened to you?" he asked 

 "What do you mean?"

 "You didn't say a word at dinner, you're shy, mom is saying not to talk to you and give you time to adjust and now you aren't even looking at me and you seem scared." he said with a frustrated look "What happened to he confidant, full of life Alex that says whatever is on her mind?" I gave him a weak smile and turned my attention back to the TV

 "A lot of things changed Lo" I said solemnly, he looked at me again

 "I want us to be friends again Al, you know I'm always here for you" he placed a hand on my shoulder but I winced and he awkwardly took his hand back and got up and I couldn't help but notice his awesome sic-pack. Damn.

 "I want us to be friends too Lo. Just give me time" I pleaded and he nodded and smiled before leaving. Okay that was one brother, I wonder if Kyle wanted to be friends as well but he didn't say a wrd to me since I got here.

I went to my room and changed into my Pj when I heard a knock on the door. 

 "Come in" I said and the door opened and Kyle

 "Hey" I said with a warm smile, although the three of us were always close. Kyle was always a bit more, I odn't know why he just was.

 "Why did you leave?" he asked his gaze was cold "Mom said that she offered to let you stay with us why didn' you stay? you know you're parents wouldn't give a shit"

His tone of voice was accusing and there was nothing warm about the way he was looking at me. And then I thought IF I had agreed to stay would I have gone through with this? would I have been raped?...No. It was my fault just like it was my fault I decided to go through that dang shortcut.

 "I couldn't leave my parents. I was scared" His glare didn't waver

 "That's your excuse?" he took a few steps closer to me "And now what? you changed your mind? Why are you back?"

 "Be-because I--" what was I going to say? I couldn't tell him "because I had to" I glanced back at him and he looked madder than ever

 "Get back to where you came from Alex no one wants you here" He said before leaving. me alone in the room  with tears in my eyes