Explanations

I've been good haven't I? I uploaded fast :D This chapter isn't long but it's necessary

No songs or pics because it's late and I'm too lazy to search for a good song for this chap :P

Vote, Comm, Enjoy :D

Alex's P.O.V.

"how?" was the first thing I asked after a while of silence as Cole and I walked around the park. I had a feeling he understood what I was talking about and immediately answered me.

"Well we don't know how exactly. But legend has it that a long time ago men found the need to protect their tribes and there were a lot of dangers and only a few tribes managed to remain intact so the Moon Goddess blessed them with the power to change into a wolf, only bigger and more dangerous so they could protect what's theirs and after that it went on from generation to generation"

"So you...kill people?"

"No" he said horrified "Of course not. We're just like normal people. We eat like you guys only in bigger amounts and we only kill Rogues or hunters when they're a threat"

"Rogues and hunters?" I asked confused, this werewolf thing was a bit complicated but I was glad Cole told me.

"Rogues are wolves that are leave or are kicked out of their pack. Some of the mind their own business and live normally but others are dangerous and pose a threat to various packs." he sighed "As for hunters, they are humans who found out about us. I don't exactly know how they did but they've been around for a while. They think our race needs to be terminated, that we pose a threat"

"So they want to kill you guys?" I asked, my eyes widening "But why? You seem normal and you don't hurt anyone why would they want to harm innocent people?"

"Because they can't handle people being different. That some people might have the power to hurt them even if they don't" he said "Anyway don't worry they aren't a threat to us now. What else do you want to know?"

I thought about it, going through the thousands of questions in my head and decided on the simplest one "When do you...change or whatever ? Is it from birth"

"no" he said "Every wolf changes when he or she turns thirteen. The first change is painful and you have to have a family member or friend to help and then you spend a day or so in your wolf form before changing back. After that the change isn't painful at all and is actually easy."

"Do you change on a full moon?"

"No" he laughed "That's definitely a myth. We can change whenever we want to, we're in complete control of it. Unless we lose control of our wolf"

"But isn't the wolf..you? How could you lose control over him?"

"Well it is me, but more like part of me. My wolf has a mind of his own, he symbolizes the animal instinct in me and when, for example, he's pissed he tries to take over. You can know when he has if my eyes turn black"

"interesting" I said trying to absorb everything being said "I think that's all the information I can take for one day"

"You're handeling this better than I expected you to" he said "I expected screaming or shrieking, this is an unexpected surprise you know"

"believe me I've gotten used to unexpected surprises" I said dryly and frowned as I noticed it getting darker "How long have we been here?"

Cole glanced at his watch and looked shocked "Wow we spent the entire school day plus two hours here."

"Shit I have to go" I said knowing I would be in serious trouble for not telling anyone I was leaving "It was nice seeing you Cole"

"I've missed you Al, can we see each other again?" he asked and I smiled, it was great having Cole back in my life.

"Yeah, we have to. I've missed you too Cole" I said before I turned around and ran towazrds my car and immediately drove home.

"ALEX" Kyle's said opening my door as soon as I parked my car and taking me in his arms "Where were you? You scared the crap out of me"

I allowed myself to bask in his warmth before remembering our talk in the morning. I pulled away and shrugged "I went out for a walk"I said  and walked into the house leaving him outside.

"Alex?We need to talk about this morning"

"There's nothing to talk about" I said "Leave me alone Kyle"

"Alex please" Kyle said in a pleading tone and I almost caved but I prevented myself "I don't want this to come between us"

"it came between us the moment you took the choice away from me." I said feeling my anger rise. We were both just outside my bedroom  "I will not be controlled by anyone ever again. Nothing is going to control me ever again do you hear me?" I yelled "I will not let anyone change my life just because they can, never again"

I could see his shock at my outburst, hell I was shocked too but I turned around and went into my room, slamming and locking the door behind me. Kyle didn't say a thing and I heard his footsteps as he left I felt thankful. I needed to be alone right now.

I threw myself on my bed with a sigh and heard my phone ring. I smiled at the name and answered "Miss me already" I teased as i heard Cole's laugh on the other side

"Wanted to see if you got home safe." he said and then I heard shuffling "It was great catching up Al, and great not to keep anything a secret from you"

"Yeah" I said feeling a bit guilty. he told me his biggest secret, he trusted me enough. Should I tell him? Would he become like the others "I'm glad we're friends again"

"I wish I went to the same school as you" he said with a sigh "I would see you more often"

"It's okay we can still catch up from time to time we aren't that far from each other" i said "And we can text, call and there is the internet. We have endless means of communication"

"Was Kyle mad? When you told him you saw me?"

"I didn't tell him" I said in a whisper "I don't want him to know Cole. Not right now, he'll talk me out of this"

"I understand, but he's gonig to be mad"

"Kyle needs to understand that he has no control over my life" I said angrily "No one seems to understand that these days. I feel like everyone is doing what they think is best and completely ignoring me and I hate it"

"It'll be okay Al, you've go me and even though they're pissing you off now. You have a family that cares especially Kyle. believe me, Kyle probably cares the most"

"I guess" I said and sat on my bed and then a thought hit me "Wait, Cole normal wolves can't be your size right?"

"No it's impossible for a wolf to be our size we're much bigger Al, why?"

"never mind" I said while I was freaking out inside "I'll talk to you later okay?"

"Sure Al, Bye" I hung up, still in shock. Midnight was a werewolf. Some guy has been with me, in my room, on my bed as I cried." I gasped as I remembered the times he'd comforted me, but who was it? And who else was a werewolf. Kyle? Logan? Susan? There were too many secrets and I hated it.

 I decided to go to bed so I got up and changed, wrote in my diary and threw myself on my bed. It was a hectic day and i had a feeling it wasn't going to be the only one.