I'll Be There For You

It had been three days since my first day at school and things weren'y getting better. I became friends with Elena and Kyle and Tyler were the same. Logan was the nicest, he offered me a seat with him at lunch but I noticed his friends were looking at me disgustingly so I didn't want to bother him with defending me, he did enough of that at home with Kyle.

Susan had given me a diary to keep, It had a number lock. At first it was wierd but then I actually got used to it. I started to write every night and it was a relief to get everything out. Elena was great but I told her I never wanted to talk about the subject so she didn't. I heard my phone ring and saw it was my mom, I answered.

 "Hey mom" I said

 "Hello how are you?" it was amazing how she used her 'business' tone with me.

 "Fine u?"

 "I'm good. Listen dear the police said they have a lead on your case" I froze when she said that "You might have to ID them and then if it goes to court you'll have to testify"

 "W-what do you mean?" I asked

 "You know go in front of a judge and jury and say what happened" she said in a 'duh' tone and I felt the need to hit her. Did she think it was that easy? I still couldn't say it out loud much less in front of people

 "N-no, no mom I don't want to"

 "Do you want them to stay free?" she asked, I stayed silent. No they couldn't stay free to do that to some one else

 "No" I admitted

 "Then it's settled bye dear" she hung up before I had the chance to answer. Could I really do it? Tell people what happened?

 "So what does mommy dearest want that you don't?" I heard Kyle's voice at my door

 "Way to knock" I said dryly, I'd had enough of him these past few days. He was making my life a living HELL with Tyler and I was more mad at him, because we used to be best friends and now it's like he doesn't care anymore "And it's non of your business"

He walked towards my bed and sat on the edge of it, making me move to the far end of it. I was like that these days and mostly Logan noticed. At first he'd try to greet me with a hug but each time I'd cringe away. He was confused as to why but I never told him.

 "Jesus Al I'm not going to kill you here" Kyle said annoyed "what are you afraid of guys" he rolled his eyes. YES  my mind was screaming

 "What do you want Kyle?" I asked rudely. He never really gave me the time of day at home.

 "There's a party tonight and mom told me to take you so get dressed" he said without even looking at me.

 "I don't want to go. Go alone" he shrugged

 "Mom said I don't go without you, something about you finding friends"

 "NO" I said firmly, in one second his arm grabbed my wrist. I felt a wave of heat course through me before fear took over and I yanked my arm away.

 "Don't touch me--" I glared

 "Look call that geeky friend of yours and go" he got off the bed and left. I thought about it and decided to ask Elena, she had said she was bored and maybe going with her wouldn't be so bad. 

I called Elena and she was excited so I ended up going in the same clothes I wore to school. I wasn't about to get dressed up, not for a long time. Five minutes later we were in Logan's car heading over to Elena's house to pick her up.

 "Thanks for picking me up guys" Elena said getting into the back seat with me, suddenly Kyle turned and glared at us.

 "look we're only taking you because mom said so. So don't talk to us the rest of the evening Geeks" he snarled and I couldn't help but think Where the hell did the old Kyle go? because this Kyle was not My best friend.