Chapter 1: Welcome to Brittan

The fall leaves crunched loudly as I rushed to find my class. Not a living being in sight to ask for directions. Day one of my 'dream school' has gone horrible so far. I recently got a scholarship to a boarding school in Britain. When I got my acceptance letter, I was so happy and went a little crazy, but now that I'm actually here.....I'm a bit scared. 

The campus is like a college, everything has it's own separate towering building. There are benches and bike racks everywhere, as well as these annoying brown leaves. Seriously, someone just rake them! 

I gave up class hunting and headed back for the office to ask for directions. The genius 'gifted girl' that got a scholarship to a school across the ocean couldn't find her own classroom. 

"That's in the other side of campus, I'll get someone to drive you." the lady at the front desk said with her accent. 

I nodded. I probably missed half of class already. 

"Okay, theres a student outside willing to drive you." the lady pointed at the door. 

Wait Drive me? 

"Okay, um Thank you." I smiled walking out the door then bumping head first into a golf cart. 

"Someone's excited for their first day." 

I looked up and saw a boy with black hair grinning. "Let's go muchacho." 

I sat next to him rubbing my forehead and he drove off, "So what's your name new girl?" 

"I'm Ivory." 

"Hey Ivory, I'm Zayn." 

The rest of the ride was silent, but I didn't mind, the campus was simply beautiful, I was upset when the cart stopped. 

"There you go." 

"Thanks." I got out of the cart, right as the stupid bell rang for second period. 

Zayn laughed as I stared at the building in annoyance. I guess I spent too much time wandering the school by myself. 

"Here, I'll just drive you to your next class." 

"I have Health Science next." I got back in. 

"That's not too far." he started driving. 

I looked at the students walking to their next class, luckily there weren't a lot. But I got a few weird stares that made me shift in my seat. 

"HI ZAYN!" Someone scared the crap out of me by jumping onto the back of the golf cart. I turned around to see a boy my age with brown hair and a red and white striped shirt with a carrot in his mouth. 

"ZAYN! You never told me you had a girlfriend!" It looked as if the boy was about to cry. 

This dosen't look good. "I-I'm not hi-" 

"She's not my girlfriend Lou, this is the really smart girl from California." 

"Oh wow, you're so smart." he reached to poke me but Zayn abruptly stopped the cart and sent him crashing on the ground. 

"Ow, well, see you in class Zayn." he got back on his feet an ran inside a building like nothing happened. 

What a guy. 

"You're class is on the second floor in that building." Zayn pointed to a grey building with a lot of windows in front. 

"Thanks Zayn, sorry I dragged you around." I apologized blushing. 

"It's fine, see you around Ivory." 

I nodded and rushed into the building. "Floor Two, Floor Two...." I repeated as I ran up the two flights of metal stairs. 

I matched the room number to the numbers on my slip and busted through a room. 

"I'M HERE!" I yelled at two janitors talking in a closet. 

"Wait what?" I backed out of the room as the Janitors smirked. 

I saw my classroom right next to the janitors closet. 

"How embarrassing....." I muttered walking inside my classroom.