Chapter 9: Shoe throwing

"It's already ten....." I looked at the clock.

"It's bedtime boys." Puck put his arms on his hips. I can't believe he stayed the whole day to help me take care of his enemies. I smiled, now his enemies are crawling all over him.

"You two have to sing again!" Zayn pointed at Puck and I.

Awkward silence followed.

"How about a story?" I said braking the silence. The boys smiled and agreed.

I got a picture book, The old lady who swallowed a fly.

The boys sat down ready to listen. Puck sat Louis on his lap, and tried to fix his little suspenders. Liam was already asleep on a beanbag chair so I started to read.

"There was an old lady who swallowed a fly, I don't know why she swallowed a fly. Perhaps she'll die."

"I read this book before!" Niall said.

"Me too!" Zayn announced.

"Good, now let's be quiet so everyone else can listen."

They nodded so I continued reading.

"Stop!" Zayn said to Harry who continued poking him.

I tried to ignore them and continued reading.

One thing led to another, and next thing I know, Harry threw his blue converse at Zayn, only it misses and hits me right upside the head!

Just my luck... I thought as I rubbed my head.

Soon everyone is throwing their shoes like it's some kind of contest. Even Liam wakes up to throw his shoes. This is why I don't have siblings.

"Aye, aye! Hold the shoes!" Puck shouts.

Silence followed and the throwing stopped.

"Listen to the story." Puck said, "Or you'll be sorry." he held his fist up.

And Pucks saves the day! By scaring the kids..... Typical Puck

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hey Ivy, Ivyyy!" I woke up face to face with Puck.

Okay, If I'm going to wake up face to face with someone everyday, it should at least be Harry Potter or Percy Jackson...... I'm such a nerd.

I sat up, "Yea Puck?" Ow my back hurt.

We slept on the floor last night and let the kids take the beanbag chairs. Sleeping on the ground is more comfortable than sleeping on library chairs.

"The kids...." he paused, "I-I can't find them."

That made me jump up, "What?!?!? What time is it?"

"Seven thirty, should we call the police?"

"Let's try to find them ourselves." I quickly rubbed the sleep out if my eyes. Puck and I ran outside yawning.

We ran around campus searching, but it's not easy to find short people in the biggest high school in Britain. "HARRYYY! LIAM?!?!?" I yelled.

Nada.

"That's it, I'm calling the police." Puck stole my phone from my back pocket. I flinched, yea, just reach at my butt without a warning then use up my minutes.

"Hello? I'd like to report lost children...."

I started to walk back to the library. How did I lose them? I guess they left while we were sleeping. I bet Harry led them out. Why didn't I hear them? I'm starting to feel queasy.

"Okay thanks." Puck hung up. "They'll come on campus and investigate in thirty minutes."

I nodded and he held the library door open for me. "I hope they could find themmm...."