Chapter 5: Meet Robin

I found my dorm in the darkness of the night, thankfully it's located close to my other classes, and the library. I shared it with just one other girl who was already asleep in her bed.

On my side of the room, my luggage was sitting on my bed. I didn't bring much, mostly clothes and books.

I started to un-pack and organize everything since it was only eleven o' clock. There was constant talk coming from my roommate that slightly freaked me out. Talks in her sleep I guess.

I hope tomorrow will be better. I thought as I went to bed. Nerd thoughts left my brain and was replaced by dream rainbows and puppies with chocolate.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"I thought you were a no-show!" I woke up face to face with a girl in her PJs.

She wore a blue button up shirt and matching pajama bottoms. I felt a bit embarrassed in my hand-me-down shorts and a tank top from the clearance rack.

I sat up and she fell back on the floor. "Eh, s-sorry about that." I got out of bed.

"It's fine, I'm a bit crazy anyway. I blame my greaser friends."

I tilted my head, she looked like the opposite of who a greaser would hang out with. I thought greasers only existed in the 90s anyway.

She smiled at me, "I know I don't look like it. But I traveled back in time to the 1960s. I met my real dad, Sodapop, and when I came back to the present, he adopted me and got me back, and guess what? He was rich! His brother Darry won the lottery."

Okay she's insane.

I watched the girl rant on and on. Boy did she like to talk. She even talks in her sleep!

" By the way, my name is Robin." she finally stopped to breathe and we shook hands.

"I'm Ivory." I smiled. "Oh, what time does school start?"

She stopped for a minute, "In two hours, oops, did I wake you too early?"

"It's fine." I got up and got dressed. "I'll just go to the library."

"That place is deserted. Nobody needs books anymore" Robin said as I walked into the bathroom. "Well I still read boo-"

"You have a phone? I'm going to save my number in the thing, your password is so easy."

I froze, she knew my password? How is that possible?

"Sixty nine, sixty nine." she sang as I came out of the bathroom ready for the day. "Don't just yell my password to the world." I put my things in my backpack.

"Relax, nobody's awake at six am."

"Don't be so sure, I'll see you later."

"Of course you will, we have the same class schedule."

I raised an eyebrow, "How do you know my schedule?"

She held up my schedule, "Just an old greaser trick I learned from Two-Bit."

I smiled and snatched it from her, "See ya."

"Bye Ivory." she fell back on her bed.

I was yawning like crazy the whole walk to the library. Even though there weren't that many people, I got glares and stares.

I sighed, maybe I'll never fit in....

I pushed open the library doors. I heard yelling so I guess they were here, bright and early.

I laughed, they're so 'mature'. I thought as I walked toward the loud yells.

"You guys are such.........kids."

I froze.

"What the heck happened to you guys?!?!?"