Chapter 20: The Goldfish Trail

"Okay, who did it?" I eyed the little monsters wrestling on the ground. I flipped the goldfish cracker box upside down, "Who ate them all? You better come clean because the culprit is sure to get a belly ache."

Zayn, Liam, and Louis looked up at me puzzled.

"It wasn't me." Liam said.

"I don't like crackers." Louis said.

"Woof" Zayn barked.

I sighed, "Probably the food addict." I went to go confront Niall. Instead I turned around to a trail of goldfish crackers. How convenient, I thought, it's better that a 'cum here' sign.

I hope this isn't a reenactment of yesterday. It sure was cute and all, but boys don't know how to clean their messes.

"And it ends here......." I looked in front of me to see Niall holding out a flower.

"Oh, um thank you." I bent down and accepted the gift. "Hey, did you steal the snacks?"

Instead of telling me about his crime, he said, "“I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.”

I grinned at him, "Wasn't that from The Lord of the Rings?"

“I love you. You’re my only reason to stay alive… if that’s what I am.”

"Niall, are you just saying lines from-"

“But soft; what light through yonder window breaks? It is my lady! O, it is my love. O that she knew she were.”

I blinked, "Was that Shakespeare?"

"But I've seen a lot of this Universe. I've seen fake gods and bad gods and demigods and would-be gods. And out of all that, out of that whole pantheon, if I believe in one thing—just one thing—I believe in you."

"Niall, what are you trying to do?"

Niall wouldn't respond and he took my hand, "Promise me you’ll survive. That you won’t give up, no matter what happens, no matter how hopeless. Promise me now, Ivory, and never let go of that promise.”

I stood there speechless. Was a six year old...flirting? No, flirting is pinching a girl's butt. Niall was.....seducing me? No, that's not right either.

"To spend a life of endless bliss, just find who you love through true love's kiss."

"Excuse me?"

"I still have your underwear."

"NIALL HORAN!" I gasped.

"Sorry!" He peeped, then recovered shortly. "Ivory, I promise to love you forever. Every single day of forever."

"Niall, what are you trying to do?"

"You love me. Real or not real?" he looked deep into my eyes.

How can I say no to a six year old? But if I do say yes, it could lead to some horrible things.

It's so hot in here.

 "Niall." I bent down, "You did this for me?"

Niall nodded eagerly.

"You even got Harry to hold up Twilight and Hunger Games books behind me so you could remember the quotes." I looked back at Harry eating the missing Goldfish on a stack of books.

Niall smiled before shooting me with the million dollar question, "Do you love me back?"

"I'm sorry." I hugged him and left.

_________________________________________

Sorry this was late, it got a little messy with all the quotes.

But now it's just short.

┻━┻ ︵ヽ('Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Weeeeeeeell, I'm going to start on the next chapter, which will be awkward for the two, guaranteed!

Oh wait!

Guess what?

I know how to turn them back!

It's kinda cheesy though, but you'll love it!

Okay that's it, now go hug a tree.